Do great things with data
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
*The Opportunity *
Peak enables some of the world’s leading companies to put AI at the forefront of their development, so that they can grow faster and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. We do this on the World’s first enterprise AI System. The platform incorporates machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to revolutionise the way companies use their data.
Based in our Engineering centre in Jaipur we are looking for a highly skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to help us ensure our Artificial Intelligence System is of the highest standard, works well for our customers and becomes the de-facto AI Platform of choice for enterprise customers worldwide. You will develop industry defining skills, building and improving functionality of the AI System.
As a senior member of the team you will take responsibility for QA at Peak, working closely with our Product and Software Engineering teams to identify early and fix any quality issues and mentor junior members of the team along with:
- Creating comprehensive test suites & plans.
- Working with the Software Engineers to integrate automated tests with end-to-end build and test environments.
- Developing a test framework for each application.
- Writing automated scripts based on working manually executable test cases.
- Writing effective and thorough bug reports and verify bug fixes.
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed. i.e. perform manual static testing.
- Measuring and produce QA metrics, and seek ways for us to continuously improve.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest innovations, trends and emerging technologies in QA testing and test methodology.
- Extensive experience working in a QA role within a software engineering environment with strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Proven experience in Automation testing and tools such as Selenium webdriver (Java/Python)
- Proven experience in Performance testing using Apache Jmeter or any other open source tools e.g locust
- or Js library
- Experience in API automation using any open source library (Rest assured, Karate, Serenity BDD etc)
- Experience working within an agile environment.
- Ability to test, develop and iterate on a rapid basis.
- White box and grey box testing.
- Web application testing.
- SQL experience.
- Passion for improving things and maintaining high standards.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities.
- Clear and straightforward written and verbal communication skills.
As well as doing great work we have created an award winning, fun and exciting workplace that people love to be, we are looking for people to join us who share our values and are:
Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
Straightforward - Deals with colleagues in an open and transparent manner.
Driven - Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards
Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
Smart - Is innovative, can simplify, and have relentlessly high standards
Responsible - Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. This furthers our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in Jaipur, London, Edinburgh and Brisbane. Our clients include global retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak is an Advanced Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner and holds Machine Learning Competency status.
Peak at a glance
Peak focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology. Their company has offices in Manchester and Jaipur. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Peak has raised $6.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.