Do great things with data
Head of platform
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s mission of becoming the world’s leading provider of Artificial Intelligence solutions to enterprise clients. The key to this is the development of our ground-breaking AI System (AIS). The main component of the AI System is AI Studio which is a multi-tenant SaaS product and it allows data scientists to build, configure, and deploy ML Models with no DevOps and data engineers help. Peak believes that in this data economy every company will need ML to run their business and Peak AI System to be key to this revolution. Peak is an Advanced AWS Partner and holds Machine Learning Competency status. Our engineers are at the forefront of developments in the emerging AI sector, building the Peak AI System, and delivering AI Solutions to clients. The role will lead teams of engineers to continuously develop the AIS, be a figurehead for Platform Engineering.
You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies leading a highly collaborative team to grow Peak into a global tech leader.
- Leading the Platform Engineering teams to develop platform features in the AIS. Ensuring the AIS is a SaaS system empowering data scientists to deploy ML in production fast.
- Lead from front to make AIS is a multi-tenant, API first, secure and scalable product.
- Helping the Product and Data Science teams to define core platform features.
- Providing technical leadership to the Engineering teams building the platform Features.
- Recruiting, mentoring, and developing a high-performance Engineering team. Identifying key competency gaps and facilitating training for the Engineering team.
- Researching, designing, and writing new applications and features.
- Take calls or help engineers on tech and design issues when required Collaborating with Engineers and Data Science teams to help select the right technologies.
- Take decisions on technology choices and best-in-breed relevant software for use with Data and AI technologies.
- Contribute to the product road map, run and lead spikes and design sprints to help the Product team to define features.
- Effective communication across the business to showcase Platform Engineering product and capability.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of AI software systems.
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills.
- Building and maintaining relationships in the AI and Data community which help Peak to increase awareness about its product, capability, and team.
- Manage and mentor engineering managers and architects.
- Support CTO to implement the best agility practices in Peak.
- Lead Engineering initiatives to improve coding and design standards
At Peak, we believe in an open, transparent, and friendly relationship with our clients and co-workers alike. As individuals, we are approachable and trustworthy; as a company, we are highly committed to our customers and employees. We listen to and gain a deep understanding of our customers’ needs. We take pride in our work, which is always of the utmost quality, and we are confident in our ability and expertise.
We are looking for colleagues who are:
Open - share success and improvements well across the business.
Straightforward – deal with colleagues and customers in a transparent manner.
Driven – a strong work ethic to deliver real results for customers.
Curious - able to conceive and deliver unique solutions.
Smart – keeps up to date with the latest tech news, launches and product updates, market results and industry announcements.
Responsible - take ownership and promotes responsibility in others.
Peak uses a range of modern tech that requires a diverse skill set. A willingness to learn and a natural curiosity about tech is essential and some experience of the following would be great:
- A track record in product development, with proficiency in software engineering, Microservices architecture and application architecture.
- Expertise in multi-tenant SaaS products, APIs, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker.
- The ability to effectively share knowledge with colleagues in data science and Engineering and represent Peak externally as appropriate.
- Line management and coaching experience to lead a team.
- Expertise in building data engineering and application Features that can be configured for multiple customers using the same product.
- Strong experience in collaborating with technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong communication skills to explain the big picture to customers and non- technical colleagues. Ability to present complex ideas to people who may not have a deep understanding of the subject area.
- Ability and experience of working in an agile environment to deliver high-quality product features in a fast-moving startup. Self-motivated and can work towards a common vision with little oversight.
- Broad technical interests along with a deep knowledge of a particular field such as computer vision, data science and machine learning, advanced computing, and autonomy and artificial intelligence
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, share options, pension, and generous holiday entitlement.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy, and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious, and driven.
*About Peak *
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modeling, and - most importantly - use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur, and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers, and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Find out a whole lot more on our website https://peak.ai/
Peak at a glance
Peak focuses on Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology. Their company has offices in Manchester and Jaipur. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Peak has raised $6.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2017.