Sales Development Representative$40k – $70k • No equity
Payment Rails is seeking a driven, high-energy individual to join our team as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). Reporting to the VP Sales, this role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. Our SDRs are responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the Payment Rails’ sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling B2B SaaS or technology-based solutions. This role involves sourcing, emailing/inMailing, and calling many potential contacts every day. For the right person, this role can lead to promotion to an Account Executive position as the team continues to grow.
Payment Rails is a B2B SaaS payouts platform for the on-demand economy. We are helping modern businesses and platforms pay their on-demand workers all around the world, whether it be freelancers, photographers, drivers, hosts, artists, influencers, affiliates, app developers, musicians, or one of the 500 Million (and growing fast!) people working as an independent contractor (aka freelancing). We help businesses not just pay these workers globally, but also automate all the other operational tasks like collecting and validating bank info, completion of tax forms, AML screening, handling FX conversions to 135 currencies, sending email confirmations, reconciling to your accounting/ERP system, and many other tasks which saves our customers a heap of time and money. Our technology and team is first class.
Today, our customers are online marketplaces, freelancer platforms, influencer platforms, accommodation marketplaces, travel companies, crowdfunding platforms, affiliate platforms, and other growing businesses with domestic or internal payment needs. And we're really just getting started!
- Source, generate and qualify leads (SQL) from targeted industry categories/verticals.
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with an exceptional, customer first experience
- Identify customer needs and pain points to determine if Payment Rails’ solution would be a good fit
- Drive new business growth through qualifying inbound leads (MQL) from marketing generated sources (demo requests, sign-ups, webinars, trials, quote requests) primarily through telephone, live-chat and email communication
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time
- Manage existing customer database using Hubspot CRM, to ensure all communications are logged and tracked
- Work with the VP Sales to develop new strategies to grow the sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as defined by the management team
- 1.5 years of sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong desire to be in technology sales, and a strong technical aptitude
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment
- Fluency in English
- Experience with a sales CRM (Hubspot, Salesforce, ...)
- Ability to multi-task effectively
Payment Rails at a glance
Payment Rails focuses on Payments and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, London, Toronto, and Montreal. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Payment Rails has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.