VP Sales$90k – $120k • No equity
Payment Rails is looking for an ambitious, metrics-driven sales leader who is seeking to scale a B2B sales organization and drive revenue. As the head of sales you will advocate for your team while working to support our broader mission. You have a proven track record of success with defining the sales playbook, sales execution, recruiting, and people management - while exceeding growth expectations year over year.
Payment Rails is a B2B SaaS payouts platform for the on-demand economy. We are helping modern businesses and platforms pay their on-demand workers all around the world, whether it be freelancers, photographers, drivers, hosts, artists, influencers, affiliates, app developers, musicians, or one of the 500 Million (and growing fast!) people working as an independent contractor (aka freelancing). We help businesses not just pay these workers globally, but also automate all the other operational tasks like collecting and validating bank info, completion of tax forms, AML screening, handling FX conversions to 135 currencies, sending email confirmations, reconciling to your accounting/ERP system, and many other tasks which saves our customers a heap of time and money. Our technology and team is first class.
Today, our customers are online marketplaces, freelancer platforms, influencer platforms, accommodation marketplaces, travel companies, crowdfunding platforms, affiliate platforms, and other growing businesses with domestic or internal payment needs. And we're really just getting started!
Managing & Coaching
- Lead all aspects of the sales effort including prospecting, opportunity qualification, contract negotiation and customer success hand-off.
- Build and lead a high performing sales team via strategic guidance, industry and sales training focused on quantitative results.
- Ensure the attainment of assigned sales quotas by leading the sales process and providing direction and recommendations to improve sales.
- Ensuring you and your team are product knowledge experts that help solve payments problems for our future customers.
Sales Strategy & Operations
- Drive our sales strategy, taking initiative to implement best practices and programs that will enable our team to achieve and surpass quotas.
- Maintain high level of pipeline, funnel and CRM discipline by including accurate forecasting around revenue, meeting activity, opportunity value and close/won dates.
- Drive annual planning process across the sales organization, including business modelling, vertical and territory planning, compensation design, in close partnership with product, marketing, compliance, finance and other cross-functional leadership.
- Build scalable and repeatable processes for the sales team
- Maintain impeccable sales data quality in our CRM for tracking leads and opportunities, generating regular reports and forecasts for the CEO and the Board.
Recruiting and Talent
- Build, hire, and develop a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) Account Executives (AEs)
- Develop a growing, talented salesforce through the creation of a sales training program to quickly ramp new folks while maintaining a high level of sales acumen for new products.
Cross Functional Collaboration
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team to ensure alignment across company goals. Excel at cross-functional collaboration and serve as a true business partner.
- Identify, organize, focus and drive internal stakeholders (pre-sales and post-sales) and projects that are critical to moving sales opportunities from closed to live.
- Closely aligned partnership with marketing to help foster and develop marketing leads into revenue generating customers.
- Experience establishing a successful and scalable sales organization in a startup environment.
- Passion for developing and mentoring sales talent
- B2B SaaS experience (SMB, vertical SaaS and/or Payments is a plus)
- Strong understanding of SaaS or subscription business models.
- Natural results-oriented leader with inherent personal drive; ability to navigate ambiguity, operate effectively in a hyper-growth, start-up environment, and motivate a team of high performing individuals.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions of our product/s.
- Previous growth stage company experience is desirable.
- Experience in the payments and FX space an asset, but not required.
We offer a competitive base salary, attractive commission structure, and ESOP stock option plan for the right person.
Payment Rails at a glance
Payment Rails focuses on Payments and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, London, Toronto, and Montreal. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Payment Rails has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.