Global Business Payouts API and Platform
Back End Developer$65k – $90k • 0.01% – 0.01%
About Payment Rails
Payment Rails is a leading platform for B2B SaaS payouts for the on-demand economy. We are helping modern businesses and platforms pay their on-demand workers all around the world, whether it be freelancers, photographers, drivers, hosts, artists, influencers, affiliates, app developers, musicians, or one of the 500 Million (and growing fast!) people working as an independent contractor (aka freelancing). We help businesses not just pay these workers globally but also automate all the other operational tasks like collecting bank info, completion of tax forms, AML screening, handling FX conversions to 135 currencies, and many other tasks which save our customers time.
Today, our customers are online marketplaces, freelancer platforms, influencer platforms, accommodation marketplaces, travel companies, crowdfunding platforms, affiliate platforms, and other growing businesses with domestic or internal payment needs. And we're really just getting started!
What the job is about:
You will play the role of a Senior Software Developer in a fast-paced environment filled with passionate Developers, and Product Owners sharing a common goal of putting making our customers successful and delivering the functionality that they need.
As a key player in the development of backend functionality. Your daily work will consist of developing API interfaces, database integrations, and 3rd party service integrations. You will contribute to the design and architecture of the system along with making sure the best development practices like testing are maintained.
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer
- Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks
- Autonomous, very dynamic, capable of handling working in a very fast-paced environment
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Can communicate clearly and accurately in English with people from various cultural and technical backgrounds. Command of French is an asset.
What you need to know:
- Experience consuming third party APIs and microservices
- Experience writing API endpoints in Nodejs using Express or similar
- Git expert, knowledgeable about Github and the pull request/merge process
- Good familiarity with PostgreSQL or other SQL based database
- Well-versed at writing unit tests and familiar with continuous integration concepts and tools
- Experience using techniques that enable team code ownership (test-driven development, literate code, code reviews, pair programming)
- Proficient with agile software development methodologies
It would be great if you are familiar with:
- Typescript, this is what our platform is written in
- Docker and containerization of services and AWS Lambda functions
- Cloud Services (AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on experience with at least one front-end framework such as React and/or Angular
- Messaging system ex: SQS / RabbitMQ / PubSub
- Continuous integration (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Project Logging / Tracing / Performance Monitoring
What you will do:
- Convert business requirements into working solutions
- Contribute to product development through coding, unit testing and documentation
- Scale, manage, maintain and upgrade the specific components of our stack
- Ensure the efficiency, consistency, and accuracy of components, including writing automated tests, ensuring code coverage and building functionality with a high-quality mindset
- Identify and drive opportunities to refactor and optimize the performance, availability, reliability, and security of our systems
- Actively participate in code review / pull requests
- Coach and mentor other developers
- Participate in agile processes
Payment Rails at a glance
Payment Rails focuses on Payments and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, London, Toronto, and Montreal. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Payment Rails has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.