Patreon allows a direct relationship with your fans to generate revenue from your creative work.
Senior Data Scientist
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our creator base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $500 million directly to creators on our platform. To support this growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Data Scientist.
What you would do:
- Design and conduct analyses and create models across a diverse set of areas in partnership with our Go to Market (GTM) teams. You’ll support Creator Partnerships (our version of a Sales function), Marketing, Creator Success (our version of a Success function), and Business Development.
- Partner with teams across GTM to define their metrics and track their progress effectively.
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making at Patreon.
- Dive into data to illuminate trends and answer big questions about our users, our growth, and our projects.
- Constantly improve our team practices and efficiency.
Skills you possess:
- You have 4+ years experience helping teams make great decisions with data. You’ve solved problems that combine your analysis skills with marketing, customer success, or sales.
- You have solid analytical thinking -- you ask the right questions and frame data and results correctly.
- You are an expert in-person communicator with a love collaboration and clarity.
- You are comfortable querying large datasets in SQL (any flavor).
- You are fluent in Python or R and relevant data libraries, and know how to manipulate data in Excel.
- You have a strong understanding of experimentation and statistical analysis.
- You can crisply communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
What you will be able to accomplish:
- Partner with teams that power creative businesses around the world, that foster artistic creation, and that provide a product that compensates creators fairly for the value they create
- Focus on the problems that you feel will foster your best personal career growth
- Have a fantastic time solving hard problems with data
Bonus points for:
- Experience with account-based marketing teams
- Experience with marketplaces or seller-focused SaaS businesses
Who you'll work with:
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.