Patreon allows a direct relationship with your fans to generate revenue from your creative work.
Content Moderation Specialist
What you would do:
- Investigate users reported for violations of our content policy.
- When violations are found, reach out to the users and take appropriate corrective action.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from users in areas of responsibility owned by the Content & Policy team.
- Help research and implement best practices as we build our Content & Policy team.
Skills you possess:
- 1-2 years of Trust and Safety experience, preferably relating to content policy.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume startup environment.
- Able to balance empathy with skepticism while investigating potential violations.
- Interest in recording and analyzing data to find trends.
- Passion for and interest in Patreon and our mission.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Identify policy gray areas and make recommendations
- Must be fluent in English
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Judgment and communication skills as you balance enforcing the rules with deep empathy for creators and world class customer service.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of trust and safety responsibilities for a platform that processes payments and hosts user generated content, including: content policy enforcement, abusive users and takedown notices.
Who you'll work with:
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.