We enable the digital coordination of all transportations to manage the curbside and street-space
Software Engineer in Test III
About the role:
Our Quality Assurance team is an integral part of our software development process. We need someone with expertise and a passion for continuous improvement, who can help us take our quality assurance to the next level. As a Software Engineer in Test III, you are a software developer with the primary responsibility of building frameworks and tools that will test our products and platforms. You will work alongside agile software development teams in an effort to understand our software internals, debug issues, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools, test suites and frameworks nee:ded to streamline our quality processes You will also work closely with the QA Lead to constantly iterate over and improve our organizations overall quality assurance strategies.
- Own developing internal tools such as automation frameworks while continuing to extend and enhance existing toolsets.
- Be an owner, and advocate for our products quality.
- Leads the discovery and execution of our testing scope.
- Develop and execute test scripts including automated solutions
- Pair with developers, support engineers, and the senior level engineering team to design scalable testing strategies
- Ability to lead and mentor junior SEIT’s.
- Influence the larger, cross portfolio, test strategy in partnership with the QA Leads.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior SEIT’s.
- Suggest and implement relevant testing technologies within Passport's existing technical environment to drive overall improvement, functionality, and efficiency of our environment
- Develops solutions that can test on top of a variety of platforms and technologies - Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Front End, Backend, Manual, Automation, and Systems - with a focus on product quality
- Leads 2-5 projects / functional areas
- Ability to collaborate with team and devise a Test plan
- Build test plans for their respective team / project
- When needed, has the ability to develop manual test cases and trace back to requirements / user stories
- Identifies automated test regression suite scope and continuously ties in new functionality.
- Collect test execution results and develop KPIs
- Builds / creates test data and user accounts
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
- Experience working on an agile team and familiar with agile methodologies required
- Experience using object-oriented programming languages
- Experience testing on iOS and Android mobile devices preferred
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing preferred
- Prior experience building out new automation environments is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required, the company is willing to accept experience or a combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
You have a propensity towards continuous improvement and you strive to automate everything. There is always a better way to do things, and you love working with others to find those solutions through automation. You love the details and take great pride in ensuring you are operating as efficiently as possible. You regularly apply analytical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills - even in a fast-paced environment. You know how to document and test, and you follow through on those activities. You can multitask between multiple complex projects like a rockstar. You measure everything. You are inquisitive. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions. You can communicate with the best by being clear, concise, and listening.
You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve our overall testing strategy..
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 1,000 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Rho Capital Partners, H.I.G. Growth Partners, ThornTree Capital Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
Employees get medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Employees can contribute to a company 401(k).
Paid parental leave
Employees that are new parents get paid time off to bond with their child.
All employees are owners of the company.
Free snacks and late night meals
Employees get free snacks. Employees who work late get free dinner.
Employees get benefits to commute into the office.
Optional pet insurance
Employees have the option to purchase insurance for their pets.
Life & disability insurance
Employees get life and disability insurance should something unexpected happen to them.
Located in the heart of charlotte
The company office is located in a great location.
Passport at a glance
Passport focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Business Productivity, Governments, and Mobile Payments. Their company has offices in Charlotte. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Passport has raised $123.538M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.