The Connected Worker Platform for Global Industrial Enterprises
Senior DevOps and Platform Engineer
Parsable gives frontline workers a digital edge in an increasingly automated world. We develop powerful, user-centric software which creates better outcomes, greater work opportunities and awesome products at some of the largest enterprises in the world. Companies like Georgia-Pacific, Henkel, Suntory, Corteva Agriscience and Shell rely on Parsable's mobile-first Connected Worker Platform to empower their industrial workers with modern digital tools and measurably increase productivity, quality and safety across their operations.
Parsable is hiring a Sr. DevOps and Platform Engineer to join our Core Platform Team which is a hybrid team whose objective is to deliver and maintain core libraries, monitor and improve site reliability and apply high security standards. This role is remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor U.S. Visa's at this time.
- Build, develop, and maintain core libraries, functions and services used by multiple teams
- Set up standards and templates on requirements, best practices and example usage
- Monitor and improve efficiency, performance and reliability of core systems
- On-call availability
- You’ve built libraries, plugins or extensions for common frameworks and tools used by other engineering teams and individuals
- Keen understanding of the tools, libraries, and frameworks developers need to do their job well
- Experience helping Frontend, Backend, Monolithic, and Micro-service architecture solutions get up and running quickly
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for metrics, logging, monitoring and system performance
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Helm, Salt/Ansible/Salt/Chef, etc) experience
- In depth knowledge of use cases between API Gateways, Service Meshes, and why some applications run in one vs. the other
- Experience supporting teams setting up new services onto company supported tools and platforms - this knowledge should extend to common pitfalls teams run into when setting up a new service for the first time
- Assisting other engineering teams / teammates getting systems up and running quickly
- Collaboration implementing the right platform, tools, frameworks and the monitoring and logging for their applications
- Planning strategy for short (3 months) and long (1+ years) with regards to usage, adoption and necessary changes of shared system delivered to be used by other development team
- Bonus: Any AWS, Microsoft, or Cisco certification is desirable. Extra points for mastery of networking and development tool
- Bonus: Experience conducting security audits and compliance testing.
- Bonus: Experience managing infrastructure and data in multiple regions.
*At Parsable we have a clear vision: Build an inclusive and diverse organization in which differences are respected and valued. By facilitating dialogue, education, community service and improving internal policies, we're creating a connected community in which everyone is accepted as their best, most authentic self. Parsable is committed to creating an employee population which reflects our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. *
Highly competitive, comprehensive health coverage
You and your family’s health and wellness come first!
Paid parental/new child bonding leave
We prioritize family – of all stripes and types – above all else.
Flexible paid time off policy
No matter what the role or title, we all need a breather from work
Learning and development
Get inspired by guest speakers, hack-a-thons, and online learning courses through "Udemy."
Enjoy catered lunches once a week, team and company-wide offsites, team breakfasts, and happy hours.
All new hires take part in our robust week long onboarding session where they get to meet with leaders from across the organization and learn our product in-depth!
Whether it’s cleaning up a local beach or helping out at a food bank, we love giving back to our communities.
Early weekend start
We wrap up at 3 p.m. every Friday to get a head start on the weekend
Work on the latest tech
Work with the latest modern frameworks, languages, and tools.
Parsable at a glance
Parsable focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Energy, and Manufacturing. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Dublin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Parsable has raised $133M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.