The Connected Worker Platform for Global Industrial Enterprises
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Parsable gives frontline human workers a digital edge in an increasingly automated world. We develop powerful, user-centric software which creates better outcomes, greater work opportunities and awesome products at some of the largest enterprises in the world. Companies like Georgia-Pacific, Henkel, Suntory, Corteva Agriscience and Shell rely on Parsable's mobile-first Connected Worker Platform to empower their industrial workers with modern digital tools and measurably increase productivity, quality and safety across their operations.
Do you like the idea of a highly-available, well-designed architecture? Are you interested in solving complex large scale problems? We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer with deep experience developing complex, highly scalable solutions embracing a customer first attitude. You’ll play a major role in designing and implementing backend services that interact with many different types of devices and an increasingly large number of users. The ideal candidate is well-versed in more than one language and framework and has experience building backend services composed of lots of moving parts that interface via APIs and SDKs. The current Parsable backend tech stack includes Node.js (Typescript), Go, Postgres, MongoDB, Kafka. This role is remote anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, Dev Ops, Frontend Engineers and Quality Engineers to deliver enterprise-grade products and systems
- Contribute to building next generation microservices both net new and breaking off from an existing monolith service
- Deliver features and enhancements to Parsable Products that are secure, well-tested, and performant
- Improve test coverage in our end-to-end, integration and unit test suites
- 6+ years professional experience in backend web software engineering, preferably SaaS
- Mastery of Node.js (Typescript) and Go (developing services, developing unit and integration testing)
- Docker or other containerization technologies experience
- RESTful API design and implementation, best practices in web security, cross-browser compatibility issues
- Jenkins Cl pipelines and automation experience
- Experience diagnosing, repairing and preventing performance and optimization issues
- Git use in a professional / workplace environment
- Positive, solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills ie: regularly achieve peer consensus, provide clear status updates, etc.
- Intellectually curious with a background using data to measure and explore how to evolve our technology
- Working knowledge of MongoDB (atlas or DocumentDB)
- Experience writing event driven architecture
- Fluent with SAML, OIDC, and other authentication schemes
- Experience working with Thrift, GRPC, Websockets
- Remote team work experience
- Peak performance tech start up experience
*At Parsable we have a clear vision: Build an inclusive and diverse organization in which differences are respected and valued. By facilitating dialogue, education, community service and improving internal policies, we're creating a connected community in which everyone is accepted as their best, most authentic self. Parsable is committed to creating an employee population which reflects our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. *
Highly competitive, comprehensive health coverage
You and your family’s health and wellness come first!
Paid parental/new child bonding leave
We prioritize family – of all stripes and types – above all else.
Flexible paid time off policy
No matter what the role or title, we all need a breather from work
Learning and development
Get inspired by guest speakers, hack-a-thons, and online learning courses through "Udemy."
Enjoy catered lunches once a week, team and company-wide offsites, team breakfasts, and happy hours.
All new hires take part in our robust week long onboarding session where they get to meet with leaders from across the organization and learn our product in-depth!
Whether it’s cleaning up a local beach or helping out at a food bank, we love giving back to our communities.
Early weekend start
We wrap up at 3 p.m. every Friday to get a head start on the weekend
Work on the latest tech
Work with the latest modern frameworks, languages, and tools.
Parsable at a glance
Parsable focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Energy, and Manufacturing. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Dublin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Parsable has raised $133M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.