Making Restaurant Life Easier
Director of Engineering
We’re building the future of work by leveraging technology to connect understaffed restaurants with workers looking to improve their lives. Restaurateurs find that maintaining a fully-staffed restaurant is nearly impossible. Today, Pared works with thousands of restaurants in multiple markets including some of the best chefs in the world including: Thomas Keller, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Dominique Crenn and many more. We have over 100,000 hospitality professionals signed up on the platform and growing every day. We are rapidly expanding to new markets and helping more restaurateurs and hospitality professionals with the mission of making restaurant life easier and are looking for great people to join the Pared team. Read more about us in our feature in The New York Times.
As a Director of Engineering you will be leading the technical direction and engineers on a cross functional team. We believe in mission driven teams and engineering plays a huge role in overall Pared's success. You and your team will be partnering with product and design building the next generation of Pared's hospitality network and services.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers building scalable and high quality marketplace and network products
- Partner with Product Management and Design to develop long-term customer-centric product and technology roadmaps
- Coordinate and plan long term multi-team projects
- Mentor and coach engineers to level up in their careers
- Make architectural trade-offs between product, engineering, and resource trade-offs
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in software engineering, system design, and algorithms
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
- Strong management skills and executing on complex multi-quarter projects
- Ability to recruit, mentor, retain, and manage top engineering talent and teams
- Strong collaboration skills including with Product Management and Design
- Experienced in building or managing teams to build scalable distributed systems
- Full health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited PTO
- Connections to get the hardest to get reservations
- Insider information on the newest restaurants
- Opportunity to advance in a growing company
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Pared are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.