Making Restaurant Life Easier
We’re building the future of work by leveraging technology to connect understaffed restaurants with workers looking to improve their lives. Restaurateurs find that maintaining a fully-staffed restaurant is nearly impossible. Today, Pared works with thousands of restaurants in multiple markets including some of the best chefs in the world including: Thomas Keller, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Dominique Crenn and many more. We have over 100,000 hospitality professionals signed up on the platform and growing every day. We are rapidly expanding to new markets and helping more restaurateurs and hospitality professionals with the mission of making restaurant life easier and are looking for great people to join the Pared team. Read more about us in our feature in The New York Times.
Come contribute to the evolution of Pared’s brand and help us execute on innovative and creative ways to tell the story of Pared’s next generation of hospitality network and services. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, comfortable in a high-velocity startup and passionate about building the Pared brand. This person will work closely with our overall product design team and build an integral part of the Pared design system alongside other designers.
What You'll Do
- Tell cohesive visual narratives that represent the Pared brand through a wide range of marketing and product touchpoints, including, but not limited to: landing pages, email newsletters templates, slide decks, banner ads, brochures, posters, presentations, infographics, shirts, and stickers.
- Take complex product concepts and bring them to life simply and beautifully through visual storytelling.
- Partner with the marketing team and other stakeholders to iterate on creatives based on their performance.
- Contribute strategically to the evolution of our brand identity and product design systems and push their use and range of expression.
- Evangelize brand vision and research to the wider marketing teams, leadership, and organization to build consensus and understanding around your design direction.
- Be a proactive steward of the Pared brand by supporting other teammates across departments in moving towards a consistent voice, identity and reputation.
Who You Are
- 3+ years agency or in-house experience as a brand, communication, or visual designer (prior experience in a startup setting is a plus).
- Graphic design BA, MFA, or equivalent preferred.
- Strong portfolio of relevant marketing, brand, or advertising work, across multiple channels.
- Strong command of visual design, typography, illustration, and information visualization skills, from ideation through delivery.
- Demonstrated capability of fast iteration and self-directed work on tight schedules across multiple teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present designs to and gather feedback from internal teams, executives, and external partners.
- You can switch between creative and strategic thinking in order to understand performance-based insights and collaborate on enhancements and iterations.
- You are a team player that asks the right questions and works collaboratively to navigate through moments of ambiguity or tension.
- Solid understanding of design for web including layout, typography and HTML/CSS.
- Experience giving creative direction to 3rd party vendors a plus.
- Copywriting experience is a plus.
- Photography, and/or motion design skills are a plus.
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Pared are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.