We reduce the time to investment in private markets
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack$180k – $250k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Parallel Markets is seeking gifted, full stack senior software engineers to help support and grow our investor identity platform. This is a significant opportunity to be part of a growing team and help shape the way we develop, deploy, and operate production quality systems. In this role, your work will make a significant impact on Parallel Market’s customers, stakeholders, and ability to continue to scale.
About Parallel Markets
Private markets are shifting to online platforms at a rate of tens of billions of dollars a year. Online platforms suffer extreme drop off on initial signup because investors must go through a painful process of uploading multiple financial documents (as a part of regulatory requirements).
Parallel Markets significantly reduces this pain point by allowing investors to go through the accreditation process once - and then they can log in anywhere using a portable investor identity. Parallel Markets allows investors to become accredited once, and then invest anywhere with a single click.
- Support existing products and features, while helping design and build new ones
- Engineer innovative approaches for collecting a variety of business critical metrics from Parallel Market’s various consumer-facing digital experiences.
- Regularly collaborate with other partners on the legal and business development sides to solicit requirements, seek feedback and provide updates.
Candidates do not need prior experience in any specific language, including Elixir - we are looking for candidates who are excited to learn new languages and frameworks. That said, a strong understanding of modern browser technology and experience building for the web (HTTP, how cookies work, CSP, CORS, etc) is needed.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where engineers are expected not only to build great technology, but also to define project vision, specify technical strategy, and always be learning
- Strong relational database fundamental skills
- Demonstrable proficiency and a track record of professional success coding in at least one programming language
- Experience with Linux and comfort on the command line
- Experience presenting to audiences and communicating effectively and empathetically with clients and other stakeholders
Strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience:
- Writing code in Go, Python, Ruby, Elixir, Rust, or Clojure
- Using Amazon Web Services
- Previously serving in a security / pen testing role
- Querying Google’s BigQuery / large relational datasets
- Developing with React or Angular
While this is a remote role, please note that we are not considering candidates located outside of the US, nor are we able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.