The cloud platform built for the future (YC W15)
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer$140k – $170k • 0.1% – 0.15%
Paperspace is a high-performance cloud computing and ML development platform for building, training and deploying machine learning models. Tens of thousands of individuals, startups and enterprises use Paperspace to iterate faster and collaborate on intelligent, real-time prediction engines.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Battery Ventures, Intel Capital, SineWave Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Y Combinator and Initialized Capital.
About the role
Paperspace is looking for a senior infrastructure engineer to help grow and scale our multi-region global cloud offering. This is an opportunity to get your hands dirty behind the scenes of a quickly expanding infrastructure which spans across continents and stretches into major public clouds. Your broad responsibilities will include designing and implementing systems, software, and servers that keep our physical infrastructure running.
You will join a growing team of engineers who are fast, focused, and wear many hats.
The ideal candidate understands the current landscape of cloud computing environments, has worked on distributed, large-scale, and fault-tolerant systems, and has a strong grasp of modern DevOps principles.
What you'll do
• Manage, administer and scale cloud infrastructure, including nodes across multiple cloud environments.
• Take part in scalability planning for large-scale management of thousands of virtual machines.
• Participate in planning and implementing a new storage architecture.
• Work on and scale physical infrastructure and hardware deployment strategies.
• Maintain and improve systems monitoring/alerting and centralized logging.
• Participate in an on-call rotation, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Have a strong understanding of Linux systems; virtualization in particular.
• Proficient in at least one scripting language, and a strong belief in the benefits of automation.
• Have a clear understanding of networking fundamentals; routing, switching, VPNs, load balancing.
• Have experience administering a modern multi-tenant cloud network environment.
• Demonstrated experience with configuration management such as Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Have experience developing tools for managing physical servers at a large scale.
• Have direct, hands-on experience with hypervisors such as Xen or KVM.
• Have a strong understanding of containerization such as Docker, LXC or rkt.
Nice to have
• Experience with Kubernetes.
• Experience managing large storage clusters.
• Experience managing and administering high-performance SQL clusters.
• Programming experience in Go and/or the ability to learn new languages.
• Experience with software-defined networks.
This is not an entry-level position. Please do not apply if you do not have several years of experience working as an engineer.
• Competitive base salary
• Generous PTO
• Employer-matched retirement benefits (401k)
• Multiple health care options with premium plans in addition to Vision and Dental Insurance plans
• Commuter benefits with contribution from the company
• Fitness & wellness benefit
• Competitive parental leave policy
• Catered dinners, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
• Team happy hours and events
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.