Powering next-generation workflows and the future of intelligent applications
Senior Frontend Engineer$135k – $160k • 0.15% – 0.35%
Paperspace is a high-performance cloud computing and ML development platform for building, training, and deploying machine learning models. Tens of thousands of individuals, startups, and enterprises use Paperspace to iterate faster and collaborate on intelligent, real-time prediction engines.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Battery Ventures, Intel Capital, SineWave Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Y Combinator, and Initialized Capital.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse environment directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce a better product.
About the role
Paperspace is looking for senior front-end web developers to build out our website and product interface. You’ll work cross-functionally with members of the Paperspace design, engineering, and product team to create great user flows and experiences.
You are comfortable building UI elements, making prototypes, and meticulous about responsive design and code organization. An ideal candidate possesses a rock-solid foundation in web technologies and knowledge of emergent frameworks, libraries, languages, etc.
Your portfolio shows examples of best-in-class web UI you've created from scratch, demonstrating craftsmanship and elegant, compelling work. You care deeply about user interactions (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make them even better.
You’ve shipped product.
You’ve weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage. You can share several shining examples of real work, and what you learned along the way.
We hope to continue to build a team full of resilient, tenacious collaborators that are passionate about building a product for fellow developers. The market for the Gradient platform is open for us to fully capture, and a new contributor's focus on product and design can accelerate that success.
• Build pixel-perfect front-ends that meets the design requirements in close collaboration with product design and engineers
• Integrate code with the back-end development team
• Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
• Craft great experiences for users with macro and micro-interactions
• Identify and communicate front-end best practices
• 7+ years of experience HTML5, CSS3 animations, and related web technologies
• Hands-on knowledge of modern stacks and libraries such as Node.Js, React, Backbone, etc.
• Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
• Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
• Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Sketch
• Git/GitHub experience, including merging, rebasing, and pull requests
• Technical leadership experience is also desirable but not required
• Generous PTO
• Multiple health care options with premium plans in addition to Vision and Dental Insurance plans
• Commuter benefits with contribution from the company
• Fitness & wellness benefit
• Competitive parental leave policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our offices are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. Since March of 2020, the team has been working remotely. We will continue to do so with a few safe opportunities for in-person collaboration and socializing. Our primary goal is to keep everyone on the team as safe and healthy as possible during this time.
Generous parental leave policy
Employee stock purchase plan
Flexible remote work
Unlimited time off
Monthly wellness stipend
Commuter benefits with contribution from the company
Paperspace at a glance
Paperspace focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Amsterdam. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Paperspace has raised $19.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2018.