Your voice in any language
Head of People£65k – £85k • 0.1% – 0.3%
Backed by leading venture capital funds and two media companies, Papercup is a machine learning startup making the world's video content watchable in any language. Using a cutting-edge approach to speech processing, we're auto-translating the voice track on videos by generating voices that sound just like the original speaker - but in different languages.
We are looking for someone to lead on everything people oriented at Papercup. A passionate and caring person who can help develop and inspire our team as we scale. As Head of People, you'll be taking on a truly generalist role, spanning across talent acquisition, HR and general people operations.
As Head of People at Papercup, you'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring the full employee lifecycle at Papercup is best in class, from L&D to performance reviews, progression and everything in between!
- Leading on employee engagement and motivation - we want our team to love everything about Papercup
- Understanding and applying the all the nitty gritty HR compliance rules, from GDPR to health and safety
- Keeping tabs on what best practice looks like - knowing what other companies and thought leaders are experimenting with
- Providing leadership and guidance on all people related issues - essentially becoming a trusted advisor that anyone in the company can turn to for support
- Put simply, hiring the best people out there
- Leading on recruitment, from implementing a talent acquisition strategy through to ensuring a 5 star on-boarding process.
- Championing our brand and making sure Papercup is the company people talk about at external events
- Growing our presence as a desirable workplace on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and other relevant social platforms
- Building an industry-leading approach to ensuring diversity in hiring
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a natural 'people person' who will love building relationships with people in the team
- Has 5+ years experience working in Talent and/or People - with at least 3 years leading a people function within a fast-growing startup
- Has recruitment experience and a strong understanding of the talent market in London - experience developing and implementing a talent acquisition strategy is ideal
- Expertise across all essential HR processes and a proven track record of being a people leader in a fast-growing business
- Genuinely cares about building a culture where everyone loves coming to work every day
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for. We know companies typically don't bring on-board a Head of People this early, but it's that important to us!
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary + share options
- Unlimited holidays
- Industry-leading parental leave policy
- Comprehensive extended health care coverage
- Food and fun: free snacks, Friday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, Slack banter
Everyone gets equity
We want you to be as invested in us as we are in you
We trust you to know when you need downtime
Friday team breakfast
We have salmon and bagels every Friday morning, and every month we go out for a meal together!
Free snacks and drinks
Fruit, cereals, snacks, and beer on tap!
Coffee is life
Our building has a barista that makes awesome coffee
Papercup at a glance
Papercup focuses on Digital Media, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://papercup.com