Paperchain is the fastest and easiest way for creators to access their streaming revenue
Hiring Backend ETL Engineer (Go, GCP, SQL, Python). Remote OK.$45k – $65k • 1.0% – 2.5%
Paperchain is the easiest and fastest way for creators to access their streaming revenue. We’re creating the future of media payments through our unique learning model that prices media streaming activity in near real-time and data integrations with the world’s largest streaming services, such as Spotify, Apple and YouTube.
You can read here about our pilot transaction last year and to learn more about our efforts to connect stream data with financial technology.
We’re looking for a Backend Data Engineer to help maintain our ETL and continue expanding our data integrations and scalability.
The core team functions remotely with the team in NYC, Canada, India and Germany.
A college education is not a prerequisite. If you did go to college, we place no weighting on where you went. We encourage women, non-cisgender and people from non-white European ancestries to apply.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the Chief Product Officer on data strategy and building data products at Paperchain. Your work will have a direct impact on our customer onboarding journey and will also help influence the strategic decisions at the company.
As a data engineer at Paperchain, you will:
- Help build and maintain the ETL data pipelines from external sources like Apple, Spotify, YouTube, Google into our data warehouse (BigQuery, GCS, BigTable)
- Engineer our back-end to support a highly scalable distributed data platform
- Work on building fast & robust microservice architecture
- Write and optimize advanced SQL queries to analyze the media analytics and financial data
- Report directly to our CPO and work closely with leadership team
- Fluent in writing high-quality code in Go
- Comfortable working using Docker & Kubernetes
- Well-versed in distributed databases & systems
- Self-organized and can work independently
Bonus if you are:
- Fluent in writing SQL queries
- Familiar with the Google Cloud Platform ecosystem
- Familiar with Airflow or Google DataFlow
- Comfortable writing code in Python & using Jupyter notebooks
- Familiar with OLAP systems like Druid or Clickhouse
- Passionate about music and other media industries
- Have worked part of a remote team before
- Interested in blockchain tech
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via angel.co.
Our hiring process
- screening (20 mins)
- technical discussion (45-60 mins)
- interview (30 mins)
Meet your team
Paperchain at a glance
Paperchain focuses on Digital Media, Music, Finance Technology, Blockchains, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Paperchain has raised $330K of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.