Esports data & odds provider
Data engineer / Developer python backend€40k – €60k • 0.0% – 0.5%
To facilitate PandaScore’s growth, we are looking for a data engineer / Developer python backend.
As PandaScore's data engineer, you will:
- Build, scale and maintain our data pipeline architecture to process heterogeneous data sources.
- Build and manage the tools required for the extraction, the transformation and the loading of our data.
- Work closely with data scientists to set the foundation they will build upon.
- Design and re-define our database constraints, set them up and make sure that they are respected.
- Identify and monitor errors, inconsistency of data; implement innovative solutions to fix it and create reports about that.
- Build visualization tools to facilitate data monitoring.
What do you need? 💪
- Experience in python programming
- A wide range tech culture and strong experience in data engineering
- A good SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Some experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures
- Being eager to tackle devOps challenges with Kubernetes
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Kafka, Spark Streaming or equivalent is a bonus
- Be familiar with BI tools is a bonus
In short, you are: 😇
- A team player: You are a good communicator, reliable, respectful. You help people and learn from them.
- Rigorous: You care about details that actually matters.
- Data-driven: You know how to make data talk to take the good decision.
- Metrics-driven: You know which metric to pick for your problem, how to track it and act accordingly.
- Autonomous: You can move forward on your tasks alone while asking for help or advise to the good person at the good moment.
- Product-oriented: You focus on the short term and long term outcomes for the product.
- Adaptability and versatility: You are not afraid to learn new paradigms or new technologies and apply them on the projects you work on
Our stack 🛠
- Backend: Python (+Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS)
- Data science: Python, Keras, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Numpy
- Database/MQ: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Redis, Rethinkdb, Memcached
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCloud
- Front-end: React, Typescript, RxJs, Styled components, Storybook
Bonus points 👌
- You like automation.
- You already have some experience with real-time infrastructures.
- You are a gamer and love e-sports.
What’s in it for you 🎁
- Gaming room (PS4, PCs, Switch)
- Video game credits 🤘
- Central office in Paris (Ⓜ️Bonne Nouvelle)
- Other usual perks (health insurance, transportation participation, lunch coupon)
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth industry with innovation as our motto
Join us! 🤝
- Paris, 40 rue de l’échiquier
- Start ASAP
Pandascore at a glance
Pandascore focuses on B2B, Machine Learning, Video Games, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Paris. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Pandascore has raised $3.167M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2017.