PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses
Director, Business Development (Multiple Locations)
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
The position can be based in Toronto, Atlanta or San Francisco.
PagerDuty is the industry leading Digital Operations platform that is enabling Engineering and IT organizations globally to successfully transform their organizations. Cloud migration, DevOps adoption, and Digital transformation are significant trends that are changing the way organizations deliver products and services to their customers. PagerDuty pioneered this space 10 years ago, and continues to set the standard leading top technology through the next significant evolution into AIOps for organizations in all industries.
As the Director of Sales Development, you’ll be responsible for the primary engine to acquire New Customers at PagerDuty. You will lead the North America Business Development Reps (BDRs), as well as define the programs / best practices that will be applied globally for both our Commercial and Enterprise segments to generate New Logos for our growing list of Customers.
You will report into our VP of Commercial Sales and collaborate with partners across Marketing, Business Operations, Product, and Sales Leadership to define our evolving Sales Development strategies and lead key initiatives to achieve our company objectives.
We are looking for a coach to develop our talented team as well as a creative, data-driven leader who can evolve our approach to pipeline creation. A key contributor to our Go To Market leadership team, you understand the importance of urgency, accountability, and contribution in a fast growing environment.
- A leader; you inspire the buy-in of your team, as well as of cross-functional stakeholders.
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your reps and managers providing mentorship in a way that shows no task is too small for you.
- A quantitative process thinker; you recognize the importance of using numbers to make decisions, are comfortable testing/optimizing, see productivity as a combination of process/technology, and understand how to successfully implement campaigns/programs
- A communicator; you’re authentic, an expert at addressing issues in a way that leads to increased engagement, and you're great at celebrating wins/progress
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems.
- Provide motivation and direction for team to achieve their meeting and pipeline goals
- Use data to track performance and drive productivity enhancements
- Partner with Marketing to define integrated campaigns that drive qualified meetings / opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with sales leaders, strategic account managers, and inside sales
- Comfortable providing updates with the metrics/highlights that keep extended team informed
- Partner with Sales Operations to define comp plans and incentive programs that drive results
- Comfortable with our core technologies: Salesforce.com, Outreach, LinkedIn, etc.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience leading Sales Development teams; including 2+ years experience leading managers
- Familiarity with the unique requirements related to international Sales Development is helpful
- Proven track record in meeting lead and pipeline goals
- Experience leading and motivating multiple
- Ability to understand technology and answer questions to prospects that drive meetings
- Ability to build tight relationships with account managers
- Solid understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles.
- Attention to metrics and ability to present data using Google sheets, dashboards, and common visualization tools
- Must have a start-up level flexibility
- Must be comfortable in both office and remote environments
- Prior experience selling a SaaS productExperience in a fast-growth environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and common prospecting technologies/tools
- Past experience as a quota carrying sales rep (ideally in a SaaS environment) is a plus
Medical coverage on day one
Competitive pay and equity
Generous paid time off, and family leave
Daily lunches, unlimited snacks and coffee
Hands-on career and leadership development programs
20 hours paid volunteer time off annually
PagerDuty at a glance
PagerDuty focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, and IT Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, PagerDuty has raised $173.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.