PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses
Director, Enterprise Sales, West
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
We are looking for an enterprise software sales Director who will lead a team of account executives to generate net new business and ensure some of our largest and most strategic accounts in North America are successful. In the Spirit of PagerDuty’s “Champion the Customer” value, you are responsible for providing the best possible sales experience for our customers by identifying pain in a customers environment, translating that pain into a business-oriented point of view and articulating the impact of removing that pain. You enjoy being elbow to elbow on a deal with your reps, leading my example by entrenching yourself in the field, guiding their focus, and helping them solve hard problems. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: Modern SaaS, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Create a “destination team” that attracts, retains and develops the industry’s best talent
- Lead and coach a distributed team of up to ~7 field sales executives
- Formulate and execute a regional business plan to exceed plan and drive customer success
- Lead a disciplined and efficient operating motion that maximizes time with customers/prospects and fosters a predictable, high-growth business
- Accelerate and scale a strategic sales motion; drive adherence to sales process, usage and utilization of tools and technology
- Ability to drive an “AND” business, which mates our frictionless, transactional sales model with a strategic, large deal selling motion, where each is applicable
- Develop best-in-class capabilities around the entire lead to close process
- Foster a team-selling environment that ensures we bring the full power of PagerDuty to every customer
- Support and coach reps daily in lead qualification, discovery, deal management and closing activities.
- Deliver timely and accurate pipeline information and forecast to PagerDuty leadership
- Regularly assess sales effectiveness and identify solutions to enable a productive working environment
- Partner closely with marketing, sales enablement, customer success and solution consulting teams to ensure the most effective demand generation programs, playbooks and sales enablement are all in effect to drive sales performance
- Foster and accelerate strong ecosystem partner relationships to expand market coverage, awareness and penetration
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 5+ years sales leadership experience in high-growth, complex software environments
- Ability to operate as the CEO of your business, with strong strategy and operational competence
- Strong executive presence and relationship building competencies
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quota
- BS/BA Degree or higher or proven relevant work exp preferred
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Experience selling to Fortune 500 enterprise companies
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer
Medical coverage on day one
Competitive pay and equity
Generous paid time off, and family leave
Daily lunches, unlimited snacks and coffee
Hands-on career and leadership development programs
20 hours paid volunteer time off annually
PagerDuty at a glance
PagerDuty focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Cloud Computing, and IT Management. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Toronto. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, PagerDuty has raised $173.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.