We help people find great careers within their company
Full Stack Developer$65k – $80k • 0.5% – 1.5%
Paddle is a Toronto/Waterloo-based startup that helps employees find new opportunities and career paths within their current company. Our career development platform is powered by our engine that analyzes over 440M data points on career moves across the broader external job market. For employees, we help increase job visibility across their organization; for companies, our platform helps to realign their internal talent to their long term talent strategies.
We are a venture backed company and have graduated from FoundersFactory (London, UK), Acceleprise (San Francisco), and Ideaboost (Toronto) accelerators. Our mission is to prepare the world for the future of work, and our product is one part of the broader transformation.
We are a people-first organization with a strong focus on career growth for our team. We are excited to take on new challenges, we are self-starters, and we take time to reflect on our performance and give feedback to team members on theirs.
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience in full stack web development.
- A positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team (we like to pair-program to share context and learning).
- A driven problem solver, adaptable and ready to support the team’s goals. This means being ready to start new projects and put others on hold – we learn quickly and place high value in data driven decisions.
- Understand and be comfortable working with the basics of React.
- Effective listening and feedback skills; we take a kaizen approach to development so you’ll benefit as much as you put in.
- You are a self-starter & can handle multiple tasks in parallel. You can context-switch between setting strategy and implementing it or something else in the same afternoon.
- You know your way around git commit, rebase, cherry-pick, and merge.
- Understand and be comfortable working with the basics of modern web development: TDD-as-necessary, UI vs. UX, GraphQL schemas, database design, and security.
- Strong ability (and desire) to learn new technologies. Currently, we use React (with GatsbyJS), GraphQL, Docker, Python Django, GCP servers, PostgresQL, Neo4J, etc. We are open to evaluating technology decisions and looking for technologies to make our jobs easier and our products better.
Bonus points for:
- Open source contributions or personal projects (WIP welcome).
- Experience in data visualizations and analytics.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Interest in the problems facing the Future of Work / HR tech.
Perks of working at Paddle
- Health insurance and lifestyle benefits
- In-person and remote flexibility
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Regular team socials
Paddle HR an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.