Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans
Accounting & Finance Associate
TO APPLY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND REVIEW OUR "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION.
Overtime is seeking an Accounting & Finance Associate to support the further development of accounting systems and processes. We are looking for someone to own or co-own the monthly close process, our annual financial audit, tax registrations & filings, and more. This role will report to the Controller and will have the opportunity to rapidly grow as we scale. Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our New York office when it reopens to the whole staff.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
What you’ll do
- Support monthly accounting activities including the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash management to ensure the accurate and timely closing and reporting of the Company’s financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’s financial reports and tax filings required by local, state and federal agencies.
- Act as the primary contact for auditors, tax accountants as well as business insurance brokers.
- Develop and implement best practices, policies, and procedures in full adherence with regulatory requirements to improve the accounting and reporting process
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepare journal entries, and review accounting classifications, in accordance with GAAP
Who you are
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in both public and private accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience at a start-up or media company highly preferred
- Big 4 or equivalent accounting firm experience preferred
- CPA Certification
- Advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability and willingness to quickly and efficiently adapt in a rapidly changing start-up environment
- You can prioritize projects and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to FinanceRoles@itsovertime.com with the subject line “Accounting & Finance Associate - Your Name (City, State)”. Please include in the email:
- Why you’re a great fit for this job
- How you heard about this job
- Why you want to work for Overtime
- Share an example of a time when you supported implementing a new accounting process or made improvements on an existing accounting process
Overtime at a glance
Overtime focuses on Sports, Fantasy Sports, Startups, and Journalism. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Overtime has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.