Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans
TO APPLY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND REVIEW OUR "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION.
OVERTIME is seeking an experienced Account Executive to develop and propel our business with advertisers and their agencies on the East Coast. If you’re a sports junkie with relevant sales experience, a strong track record, and solid client relationships, we'd love to hear from you. Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our New York office when it reopens to the whole staff.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
What you’ll do
● Establish a collaborative business relationship between Overtime and Fortune 500 companies on the East Coast and their marketing agencies
● Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Overtime custom content and advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers
● Help advertisers build and execute effective campaigns, measure results, and renew / up-sell to drive revenue growth
● Thought leadership – immerse yourself in the evolving new media landscape, and adapting to Overtime's ongoing product developments
Who you are
● 3+ years of experience in digital media sales, working with Fortune 500 companies and advertising agencies on the East Coast
● Established relationships with marketing decision-makers at companies and agencies
● A track record demonstrating an ability to develop and grow a book of business
● Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Deep understanding of modern publishing and the social media landscape, and opportunities for marketers
● Vertical experience a plus - particularly in entertainment, technology, finance, travel, QSR, and consumer packaged goods
● Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams
● A passion for Overtime and our mission
● BA / BS degree
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to SalesRoles@itsovertime.com with the subject line “Account Executive - Your Name (City, State)”. In your email please include:
● Why you’re a great fit for this job
● How you heard about this job
● Why you want to work for Overtime
● What experience have you had that would make you successful in this role at OT?
● Share your favorite piece of branded content (can be anything) and tell us why you liked it
Overtime at a glance
Overtime focuses on Sports, Fantasy Sports, Startups, and Journalism. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Overtime has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.