Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans
Designer – Digital Marketing + E-Commerce
TO APPLY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND REVIEW OUR "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION.
Overtime is looking for our next Designer – Digital Marketing + E-Commerce who will help build products that engage and delight our athletes and our fans. This key position will be responsible for creating high quality interface designs and driving the continuous improvement of mobile, social and web sites/applications. For this purpose, you will leverage your skills e-commerce, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, and designing for email marketing and social platforms. The key responsibilities are creating and being accountable for UI deliverables and services. Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our New York office when it reopens to the whole staff.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
What you’ll do
- Create e-commerce interfaces, design enhancements, and contribute to the overall user experience
- Design and implement e-mail marketing templates for web and mobile.
- Design and implement marketing assets for social media and SMS platforms.
- Implement a consistent design langue across our digital platforms
- Support in the creative direction of editorial, photoshoots, social assets and OOH assets.
- Work in close collaboration with apparel and product design under the same creative direction
- Identify design opportunities to improve usability and social/e-commerce engagement
- Test and validate UI designs prior to release, ensuring that the UI and business requirements are met
- Optimize digital experiences by creating visuals and prototypes to support online testing, including A/B tests.
- Monitor design, digital, and ecommerce trends. Apply findings to experience design concepts in order to maximize the value for the consumer and for the company.
Who you are
- Minimum 5 years of design experience in digital/ecommerce, knowledge of the performance and streetwear industry a plus
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your attention to details
- Familiarity designing with style guides
- Ability to sell your designs and explain your decisions
- Consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for user-centered design
- Good working knowledge of HTML & CSS and know what’s possible achieve across browsers
- Solid understanding of the web environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition) and style guide applications
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Fireworks
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Designer Digital - Your Name." In your email, please include:
- Why you’re a great fit for this job
- How you heard about this job
- Why you like Overtime
- An example of previous designs you’ve created with visuals
Overtime at a glance
Overtime focuses on Sports, Fantasy Sports, Startups, and Journalism. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Overtime has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.