Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans
Marketing & Sales Strategy Manager
Overtime is looking for a Marketing & Sales Strategy Manager to support the team’s Marketing & Sales Strategy efforts. We’re looking for someone who paints a story through RFP submissions and presentation slides, is a strong pre-sale project manager, and most importantly is a creative and strategic thinker who brings fresh solutions and measurable results to our clients. You will understand agencies/clients’ challenges and develop a narrative that makes them feel heard; deliver against their objectives; and illuminate Overtime’s creative potential, desirable audience, and measurable value. Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our LA office when it reopens to the whole staff.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
What you’ll do
• Develop sellable integrated marketing opportunities, both proactively and reactively.
• Lead ideation and outside-the-box brainstorming sessions that extract fresh thinking from attendees and result in actionable next steps.
• Architect concise and easy-to-understand deliverables for brand/agency partners. Make the following come to life:
• RFP submissions
• Proactive presentations and onesheets
• Go-to-market / general presentation slides
• Case studies
• Digestible research and stats
• Build collaborative, cross-functional internal relationships with sellers, planners, design, events, etc.
• Be an indispensable partner to the sales team: use your deep knowledge of marketing, content, social media trends, and sports to drive brand awareness and deliver integrated sales and marketing programs for brand/agency partners.
• Represent Overtime as a thought leader and leaned-in partner, crafting stories around our data and insights, brand integrations, social expertise, and the Gen Z / Millennial audience.
What you are
• BA/BS or equivalent
• 5+ years in a similar publisher/media sales marketing role
• Delivery of strong RFP responses and other presentation materials.
• Creativity and strategic solutions.
• Passion for growth as a self-starter with a strong work ethic in a fast-paced, matrixed, entrepreneurial environment.
• A deep understanding of, and passion for Overtime.
• You play for the front of the jersey and see your success as inextricably tied to team success.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Marketing & Sales Strategy Manager LA - Your Name (City, State)”. Please include in the email:
• Why you’re a great fit for this job
• How you heard about this job
• Why you want to work for Overtime
• A few sentences about your favorite marketing campaign (that you pitched, sold, executed, or are just a fan of)
Overtime at a glance
Overtime focuses on Sports, Fantasy Sports, Startups, and Journalism. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Overtime has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.