Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans
Senior iOS Developer
TO APPLY, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND REVIEW OUR "HOW TO APPLY" SECTION.
Overtime is looking for a senior iOS developer to work on our flagship app, OT. OT is the go-to place for Gen Z to get their sports scores, stories, and to interact with their friends. We’ve completely re-invented what a sports app should be, for a generation who doesn’t want what the traditional alternatives offer. Our team is currently working remotely, so you’ll start out working from home, and eventually transition to working in our New York office when it reopens to the whole staff.
Overtime is sports for the next generation of fans. As both a publisher and an influencer, we've built the inclusive world of sports we all wish was the norm by giving a platform to our community to be seen AND heard. We produce original content across YouTube, Snapchat and IGTV, as well as highly engaging shortform content on Instagram and TikTok. In just four years, we've amassed over 40 million fans and followers and drive an average of over 1.5 billion video views each month.
Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms, industry leaders, and athletes, including Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz Greycroft Ventures, Blue Pool Capital, Kevin Durant and Carmelo Anthony.
What you’ll do
- First and foremost, you’ll help build our new app, OT, collaborating with our small but mighty team of designers, product manager, and CTO.
- Create a high-performing, scalable, and creative product
- Implement new features while maintaining high levels of stability and performance.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest trends in the iOS ecosystem
Who you are
- 5+ years iOS development
- Experience with networked apps, Realm, and Autolayout
- Has led the development of at least one app to deployment in the App Store
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communicator and active listener
- Team-player: You always play for the front of the jersey not the name on the back.
- Organized, resourceful, and solutions-focused
- User-oriented: thoughtful when considering our audience when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to TechRoles@itsovertime.com with the subject line “Senior iOS Developer - Your Name (City, State)”. Please include in the email:
- Why you’re a great fit for this job
- How you heard about this job
- Why you want to work for Overtime
- What’s your favorite and least favorite part of developing for iOS?
Overtime at a glance
Overtime focuses on Sports, Fantasy Sports, Startups, and Journalism. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Overtime has raised $35M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.