Creating planet intelligence
Senior Data Scientist€50k – €70k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Join a talented, passionate team in Amsterdam united behind a big vision to help humanity and the planet.
For this role, we are looking for a driven and pragmatic Senior Data Scientist. Exploring imagery sets, training and validating models, and rolling them out to a scalable service is your comfort zone. In addition, you will have responsibility over your own projects and work, but also like to work collaboratively in a team. Customer contact is something you are comfortable with, discussing the technical progress and managing expectations on the technical performance. Whether it is about forest damage detection, objects in cities or biodiversity monitoring, you are up for the challenge!
- You have working experience as a machine learning engineer, for at least 3 years.
- You have an education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or have equivalent experience.
- You have advanced Python experience (including PyTorch, Tensorflow …)
- Preferably, you have worked with satellite data and/or imagery.
- You are creative and curious
- You are pragmatic, you know when a simple solution is sufficient or when new model development is required
- You work thoroughly, others do not have to check your work
- Teamwork is at your core, and you like to help others succeed
- You are excited and eligible to work in Amsterdam
- You understand that sustainability means valuing work-life balance too :)
With Overstory we are on a mission to stop deforestation, forest fires, crop failures and overall make our planet more green and liveable, both for our generation, and the coming ones. We’re looking for people that are passionate and want to help us achieve our mission, together. A genuine desire for a more sustainable environment is a must.
Benefits of working at Overstory
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options
- Flexible schedule and location
- Using your skills in a meaningful way, contribute to solving some of the worlds most challenging real world and business problems.
- Working in a small, skilled and motivated team
- Working in a modern and international office in the center of Amsterdam
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion with regards to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, education, disability, disciplines and skillsets. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem. We want our team to feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and to sharing their most creative (and sometimes crazy!) ideas.
Employee stock options
Competitive stock options, especially interesting at this early-stage.
Work from home friendly
With some of us in the team being extremely experienced working and leading a distributed team, we are well suited to work from home or anywhere within similar time zones
Mental health days are equally important as sick days. We also aim for a good work-life balance.
Overstory at a glance
Overstory focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Natural Resources, Agriculture, Sustainability, and Geospatial. Their company has offices in Amsterdam. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Overstory has raised $1.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2020.