Cybersecurity Training & Human Risk Management Platform
Business Development Manager
Are you bright, ambitious and ready for a challenge?
Salary: Above market rate salary + share options (depending on experience)
About Us (outthinkthreats.com)
We’re a team of cyber security experts, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough technology and machine learning to identify, understand, measure and manage human risk in enterprise environments.
London is our company HQ and home to not only commercial teams, but also our incredible product leadership team. Our HQ serves as both a commercial gateway to our customers across EMEA from where we build our base to expand across the globe.
Having found early traction for our category-defining Human Risk Protection SaaS platform, we are looking for a stellar Business Development Manager to help OutThink transition from start-up to scale-up.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we prepare for growth and scale-up over the next 5 years. Today, you can expect a fluid role in an unstructured start-up environment of 15 staff internationally.
Working closely with our co-founders and chief execs, you will play an instrumental part in how the business development strategy plays out and assume responsibility for much of the company growth. You will only be limited by how big you dream, your desire to succeed and ability to execute, anything is possible!
We don’t pretend that it’ll be easy - joining a start-up is an amazing challenge, pushing well beyond the boundaries of natural growth cycles. You’ll move quicker than feels comfortable and be brilliant at continually re-prioritizing what must get done to keep OutThink growing at pace.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has the passion and determination to succeed in a commercial career
- Has first-rate verbal and written communication skills
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills
- Is ambitious, entrepreneurial, a genuinely nice person bursting with enthusiasm
- Demonstrates curiosity and examples of desire to succeed in fields they are passionate about
- Is inspiring and technically knowledgeable, ready to be a leader of, and to develop, our London sales team.
We love passionate entrepreneurs (especially those who have failed), builders and straight up hustlers who feel the urge to build something special.
We know that you can achieve great things early in your career, so we take a meritocratic approach to progression. Our expectation is that the BDM will move into the Head of Sales role or progress into closing deals as Account Executive at the 18 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
- Develop the criteria and mechanisms to quality opportunities
- Independently research and approach new prospects
- Follow-through with passion and enthusiasm on existing leads until won/lost
- Define and document the sales process, playbooks, build and maintain all the supporting assets
- Develop a good understanding of cyber security, our market segment, our customers and their priorities
- Maintain and enhance the CRM (Hubspot) to progress opportunities and ensure accurate monthly/quarterly reporting
What To Expect
- Competitive salary, with 50/50 base/bonus OTE, negotiable based on experience with annual salary reviews
- Employee equity options
- Long hours (you will work hard)
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- 25 days holiday
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- Modern offices
- Great start-up culture
- Friendly and fun team
- Dinner budget for those times you just can’t tear yourself away
- Monthly subsidy towards a discounted gym membership
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues, and have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join an exciting start-up and grow with the company
Min. 3 years of corporate or start-up experience
We'd love to hear from you.
8% pension contribution from employer
Which means you don't have to sacrifice any of your salary to meet the governemtns 8% minimum pension requirements.
Employee equity options
Flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home and one week working abroad per year.
25 days holiday
Our expectation is that the BDM will move into the Head of Sales role or progress into closing deals as Account Executive at the 18 month stage of their career, with ultra-high achievers given the opportunity at 12, or even 6 months.
OutThink at a glance
OutThink focuses on SaaS, B2B, Sales and Marketing, Security, and Big Data. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://outthinkthreats.com