Where kids love learning
Data Scientist, Analytics$115k – $125k
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
Data plays an important role in how we make decisions at Outschool. As our second full-time Data team member, you’ll have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with teammates from Operations, Product, Marketing, and other internal teams as they tackle a variety of challenges and opportunities. You’ll help shape Outschool’s strategy by sharing key insights, digging into some of our most pressing problems, and finding creative ways to use data to improve our products and services.
- Partner with teammates across the org to translate data into insights and actions
- Define and monitor key company-wide success metrics and OKRs
- Use visualization, reporting and other tools to improve how our team accesses and interprets datasets
- Create models to identify important segmentations and predict outcomes in specific subdomains
- Build data tools that help us scale manual processes
- Prototype new data-driven features that increase value for our learners, families, and teachers
- 3+ years of experience in a data science or analytics role
- Expert-level SQL skills and proficient in Python or R programming
- Prior experience working with data visualization tools (eg Mode, Looker, Tableau, Metabase)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (eg Math, Economics, Statistics, CS, Engineering)
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivated by impact
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool at a glance
Outschool focuses on Information Technology, Education, Marketplaces, K-12 Education, and Underserved Children. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Outschool has raised $10.02M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.