Where kids love learning
Senior Software Engineer$125k – $200k • 0.1% – 0.3%
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests (make it fun!) and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're growing fast: over 120,000 learners have enrolled in classes, and we're doubling our team this year. We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
We are an effective team of senior engineers, getting a lot done by staying focused on the work that matters. We're iteratively building up a complex product for a highly engaged audience. Upcoming projects include data-driven recommendations, measuring teacher quality and learner engagement, learner profiles, integrated messaging, assignments, learning paths, growth experiments, better search, and more.
Here are some reasons to join us
- Collaborative team culture that encourages pairing, iteration, and impact
- Novel vision to transform kids' education through remote teaching with live video chat
- Experienced team from Airbnb, Square, Amazon, Google, Udemy and Clever
- Lots of opportunities to make an impact by building large features end-to-end
- Consumer product with fast iteration cycles means you can have a big impact in a short time
- Proven, fast-growing marketplace business with millions of dollars in annual revenue
- Funded by top education and marketplace investors, Reach Capital and Union Square Ventures
We look for candidates who
- Have been programming professionally and challenging themselves for at least 2 years
- Communicate clearly
- Balance big-picture perspective with attention to detail
- Take responsibility for their work
- Care about learning and education
- Have something to teach us
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Meet your team
Outschool at a glance
Outschool focuses on Information Technology, Education, Marketplaces, K-12 Education, and Underserved Children. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Outschool has raised $10.02M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.