Personalized app for cancer patients to manage their care
Product Manager$75k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Outcomes4Me is on a mission to empower patients to take charge of their care and their health data in ways that accelerate outcomes for all. We launched our first personalized evidence-based mobile app for cancer patients last year. We built it by relentlessly focusing on patients and their needs. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to help millions of patients, diagnosed with life altering chronic diseases such as cancer, navigate their care.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager with demonstrated consumer mobile experience, shipping end-to-end products, to join our team. Prior product management experience in a health and wellness startup environment is a definite plus. We’re eager to integrate your skills and perspective to accelerate our efforts and expand upon our existing offerings, in order to attract and retain an ever-broader audience of patients to Outcomes4Me. In this position you will be responsible for identifying patients’ pain-points and translating them into feature requirements, working with a cross-functional team from Design, Engineering, Product Marketing and Clinical Operations to define the roadmap for the product that helps patients navigate their care in a personalized and evidence-based way. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the company founders, a multidisciplinary team of talented individuals, and patients to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. This position is full-time and based at our Boston-area office.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years product management experience building and shipping consumer mobile-first products together with teams of engineers and designers in a startup environment, resulting in significant business impact
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love, including building user funnels/breaking down user problems and translating them into features requirements
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making, and have experience running experiments and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative results, including making hard data-informed decisions (A/B experimentation, user testing, data analysis, competitors and market analysis, defining metrics)
- You’re familiar with iterative development principles and practices, including breaking large product goals into small, achievable slices for early and frequent delivery
- You’re comfortable driving projects from start-to-finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple stakeholders from diverse disciplines
- You have a strong comprehension of engineering and the tools required to execute those responsibilities, including mobile development, agile software development methodology, and product analytics
- You are excited about healthcare and building products in a rapidly changing landscape and good at sorting out ambiguity
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You have strong analytical, organizational, communication, and systems-thinking skills
You’re a good fit if you’re a:
- Confident leader
- Energetic spirit
- Insightful thinker
- Thoughtful do-gooder
- Caring human
Having a life-threatening disease, such as cancer, is devastating. It is like being forced to start a new job with no applicable experience, a job you can’t quit and in which poor performance might just cost you your life.
The U.S. alone spends over $80 billion a year researching and treating cancer. Despite new developments and the progress being made:
Treatment approaches are complex and vary widely
We don’t really know how treatments perform in the real world, i.e. on patients that are not part of the clinical trials
Patients have a hard time understanding their disease and navigating their care
Outcomes4Me helps patients improve their outcomes while simultaneously accelerating the overall cycle of progress. Our mobile app gives patients the ability to manage every aspect of their treatment and recovery. By partnering with national organizations and premier medical institutions, we’re able to provide verified content and functionality that doctors can recommend and patients can trust.
What you’ll find at Outcomes4Me:
- Purpose: If you gain strength from doing important work, you belong on our team.
- Challenge: We’re improving the lives of people who need us. We have big challenges ahead and the motivation to overcome them.
- Trust: We’re building a culture of independence. That means we’re going to trust and support you in making the right decisions.
- Transparency: You need to see the whole picture if you’re going to make an impact. This is a core principle at Outcomes4Me.
Outcomes4Me is located in Kendall Square, Cambridge MA.
Outcomes4Me at a glance
Outcomes4Me focuses on Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, Mobile Health, and Digital Health. Their company has offices in Boston and Cambridge. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Outcomes4Me has raised $4.45M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.