Sleep better days
Head of Content
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
Oura is looking for Head of Content to develop and lead an integrated effort across all of our owned channels. The right candidate has experience defining, developing and deploying a world-class, multi-channel, and multi-format content.
You’ve led content for a global brand, and have experience with crafting stories that connect with desired audiences both emotionally and rationally. You understand the funnel, know how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are, have developed breakthrough and innovative content ideas, and can organize and inspire a team around a communication strategy you've crafted from the ground-up.
You will be embedded in our brand team where you will partner closely with our Social and Performance Marketing leads, as well as our Product and Science teams to create connected content strategies across all consumer touch points. You are empathetic, strategic, curious, a storyteller, and an expert at making the complex simple, relatable and inspiring.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining how we communicate and connect with our audience and extracting the brilliance from our product and science teams to develop content that educates and empowers a new wave of health empowerment. This role reports to the Head of Brand.
You’ll be based out of our SF office.
What You will do:
- Define and develop a holistic content strategy based on the Oura brand including, but not limited to – editorial focus, editorial voice, and distribution channel strategy
- Develop a world-class editorial team that can educate, empower, inspire, and grows Oura’s audience
- Oversee multi-channel distribution of all content and manage the performance of those channels
- Closely collaborate with the performance and growth team to ensure content drives the Oura business forward and meets commercial objectives
- Develop and maintain a progressive and future forward approach to content as a brand growth and audience connection tool, keeping Oura on the leading edge and meeting a digitally connected audience where they are
- Collaborate with all pertinent internal stakeholders to extract necessary content to drive Oura’s narrative forward
- Tap resident and external experts to enrich the content franchises you'll establish and build equity into over time
- Consider content across all of Oura's connection points with customers, including in-product and throughout all paid, earned, and owned channels
- You have 7+ years experience in an editorial and/or digital content role either for a consumer brand or a publisher
- Have a mastery of narrative and editorial strategy
- Understand the power of multi channel approaches, and experience deploying content across new media platforms
- Experience in health / science journalism and content isn’t mandatory, but it’s a welcome bonus
- A player-coach mindset with a thirst for progress balanced with the vision to build a sustainable approach
- Experience with audience segmentation, and expertise with creating audience-specific content strategies
- Deeply curious about why features do/do not work for a user
- Appreciation of Oura's brand and interest in health, wellness, and sleep
- Positive, can-do attitude and hustle to make a big impact in a resource-constrained environment
- Interest in tech, wellness, health, and sleep.
- Enjoys cross-cultural communication.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior startup experience preferred
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura at a glance
Oura focuses on Fitness, Health and Wellness, Hardware + Software, and Wearables. Their company has offices in San Francisco, San Francisco Bay Area, Oulu, and Helsinki. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Oura has raised $48.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.
You can view their website at http://ouraring.com