Helping you save time and money, by providing high quality, affordable health plans
Senior Manager, Clinical Operations
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Operations Manager to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Senior Operations Manager supporting our Clinical Review team at Oscar, you will take ownership of our operational processes and identify areas for potential improvement. You will drive the development of processes and technology/systems improvements and facilitate cross-functional support where needed to implement strategic improvements to our operations. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting any issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause and scale of the problem and driving towards solutions. You may also be interacting closely with regulatory authorities as well as Oscar’s external vendors.
You will report into the Associate Director, Clinical Operations.
- Surface data, process, and technology issues through proactive identification, measurement, and monitoring of our operations
- Serve as the primary day-to-day partner with our product/engineering team to develop and implement improvements to existing workflows
- Partner with our Legal and Compliance teams to lead policy and procedure clarification, stay up to date on operational policies and ensure our operations are compliant with all regulatory and quality requirements
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant Oscar business leads as a representative of the Clinical Review operations team
- Oversee the maintenance and accuracy of several team tools, including the letter template library, desktop resources, and regular reporting
- A bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of professional experience in roles with a focus on operations, implementation, and/or process management/improvement
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills
- 3+ Years Managing Direct reports
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database languages
- Demonstrated process improvement certifications
- Experience in health care, utilization management and/or insurance operations
*Life at Oscar: *
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Of course. Oscar employees get great health insurance for themselves and their families.
We want you to be able to save for a long retirement.
There's no limit to the number of vacation days you can take as a salaried employee. We work hard and encourage employees to recharge.
Fully stocked kitchens
Great coffee, healthy snacks, and catered lunches make it easy to stay energized at work.
Company social events
Monthly happy hours, outings, and an annual retreat create fun opportunities to connect with coworkers.
Volunteer with us
Join us for a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
Oscar Health at a glance
Oscar Health focuses on Healthcare, Information Technology, Insurance, Technology, and Health and Insurance. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, New York, Dallas, and Tempe. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Oscar Health has raised $1.268B of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018 at a valuation of $3.6B.