Universal Platform For All Blood Tests
Biomedical Scientist£23k – £30k • 0.0% – 0.1%
An exciting opportunity for a talented individual with strong background in biomedical science. Reporting to the Head of Biology you will play a pivotal role within the organization helping in the development of novel assays.
• Good grade in biosciences degree and a minimum of 2 years lab experience in clinical or commercial lab focused on immunoassays
• Enthusiasm, determination, initiative, ability to think critically and to trouble-shoot experiments, good communication and organizational skills are required.
• Preparing solutions for chemical and biological experiments;
• Supporting the biology team in all design experiments;
• Documenting and maintaining up to date laboratory notebooks, with records of all experiments and their outcomes;
• Contributing to development progress and overcoming technical problems in discussions with the core development team;
• Contributing to the efficient functioning of the company’s facilities, including the maintenance of laboratory equipment;
Advantageous if you also have:
• Experience working in a clinical lab
• Experience handling human samples
• Experience in running diagnostic assays
• Experience of working in a clinical laboratory
• Familiarity with ISO, GMP standards/guidelines
Job Type: Full-time
Clinical or Industrial Lab: 2-3 years
Orphidia at a glance
Orphidia focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Diagnostics, and Quantified Self. Their company has offices in San Francisco and London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Orphidia has raised $1.805M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2016 at a valuation of $10M.