Financial planning for every employee, everywhere -- we're hiring!
Financial Planner$70k – $130k • 0.01% – 0.2%
Origin is a financial well-being platform that partners with innovative employers to keep employees happy, healthy, and on the road to financial success. We believe that protecting your assets, family and future shouldn’t require a PhD in finance, so we built a company that puts financial management on auto pilot.
Origin makes it easy and affordable for companies to offer a suite of best-in-class financial tools including student loan repayment, 401k optimization, savings tools, and debt management. We are the only holistic financial benefit that helps employees create personalized financials plans with access to on-demand financial advisors. No middle men. No confusing terms. No complicated jargon. Just simplicity.
Origin is led by repeat founders with previous exits and is backed by top tier venture capital firms.
Why This Matters
In spite of the strongest economy in decades, financial health in the United States is in critical condition. 60% of Americans have less than $400 available for emergencies, 50% have nothing saved for retirement, and student debt is now over $1.7 Trillion. Though people deal with money every day, managing it is overwhelmingly complicated.
Origin was founded to solve this problem. We work hard every day to democratize access to sound financial advice, enabling our users to take control of their financial futures.
We are looking for a financial planning pro who will lead our employee advising efforts. You will work with employees in need of financial advice across a spectrum of financial products and strategies (saving, retirement, debt management, investments). You’ll be on the front lines dealing with customers in what is arguably the most important position at the company.
In dealing with customers and those in need with financial planning, you’ll also be an integral part of our product team. We’ll lean on you heavily for advice around what customers need and expect constant feedback as to how we can make the lives of our users better.
- You will engage with customers to fully understand their financial situation and needs.
- You will create unique financial plans for each individual considering their family composition, assets, debt, and retirement goals.
- Be an expert in core financial products and strategies like cash flow management, retirement optimization, and student debt.
You’re a Perfect Fit If:
- You have a financial planning certification (e.g. CFP)
- You're analytical, detail oriented and obsessed with helping people meet their financial goals
- You have worked as a financial planner for at least two years
- You are a self-starter that likes to figure things out and problem solve using 1st principles.
- Can articulate complex financial strategies (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable in startups and unstructured work environments
- Bonus: You have worked at a fintech related startup or have other financial/market credentials ** Cheat Sheet: We screen for potential and hustle way more than any other factor