Frictionless relationship commerce generating recurring revenue for your business
Sales Development Representative
We’re passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. We’re a B2B2C SaaS platform helping the world’s most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs - shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Recent studies show that 75% of direct-to-consumer retailers will offer subscription services by 2023. Ordergroove is a leader in the technology that will allow retailers to do this.
Want to be a part of it? Keep reading...
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our growing sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to influence our sales process and develop expert selling skills. You’ll be part of our founding SDR team, working alongside the most talented team in the business - including our new Chief Revenue Officer (read more here).
As an SDR, you’ll work with the sales and marketing teams to help them better understand lead behavior at the top of the funnel. This will include qualifying inbound leads along with targeted outbound selling. You’ll become an expert in our business and product to identify customer needs and seamlessly articulate Ordergroove’s value proposition.
You’ll know you’re successful when you create qualified meetings for the Account Executives, hitting and beating monthly goals, keeping ahead of daily metrics, and helping keep the sales process seamless.
Not only will you be working with a passionate, hardworking and fun team - you’ll learn every single day and can expect further opportunities in sales, customer success, and leadership roles. Note that this role is also eligible for accelerated commissions.
What you will do:
- Outbound sourcing, development and qualification of new leads.
- Nurturing leads, building rapport and developing leads into new opportunities.
- Get decision makers to commit to meetings and schedule introductory meetings for Account Executives.
- Utilizing industry knowledge to research and develop accounts, identify key players, and generate interest.
- Develop and implement new prospecting strategies.
- Develop, articulate and master the Ordergroove value proposition pitch.
- Master the sales process and tools. Evangelize better best practices.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar SDR or Sales Support role.
- Customer focused: you establish and maintain credible relationships and operate with a ‘customer first’ mentality.
- Drive for results: you take initiative, you’re action oriented, and ambitious. You're looking for a steep growth trajectory where you can own you’re own success and overachieve against measurable performance goals.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable: we’re a fast moving start up and change happens regularly. You thrive in ambiguity and aren’t knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Cool under pressure: you’re composed and can be counted on to hold things together during stressful times. You’ve experienced and handled customer objections and rejections without showing frustration.
- Setting the game plan: you’re good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a fast-growing startups in the SaaS space.
- Familiarity with sales platforms like Salesforce and Outreach (or similar).
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay, nobody’s perfect! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC
- Over 100 clients including Honest Company, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, Petsmart, CVS, GNC, illy, and KIND
- Meet some of the team you’ll be working with: Ralph Robertson, Max Markowitz, Jeremy Willius, Dan Purdum & Paul Spitler
We’re a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. We’ve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2020 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. This role is also eligible for accelerated commissions. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
World class insurance including Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability.
Medical, dental, vision
Medical/family/disability paid leave
We offer flexible paid time off at Ordergroove. We want team members to be able to take time off when they want (within reason, of course!) and not worry about "earning it" or accruing PTO.
Unlimited snacks & drinks
We offer a yearly allowance for team members to spend on their wellness needs. This can be used on things like gym membership, social sports leagues, and athletic equipment.
Annual health & wellness allowance
Monthly group outings including cooking classes, harbor cruises, vineyard trips, bowling, and more!
Our OG Cares group organizes opportunities to give back to our community (serving lunch at soup kitchens, park cleanups, drives to support local causes, etc.).
Travel & expense policy
Expense policy for child care, pet care, and fitness while traveling.
Ordergroove at a glance
Ordergroove focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, B2B, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Ordergroove has raised $27M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2017.