Early lung cancer diagnosis & treatment with AI
Platform Software Engineer: Help fight cancer with AI£45k – £55k • 0.0% – 0.3%
Find ways to automate our infrastructure and data pipelines?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Platform Software Engineer (AI & Clinical Decision Support Software)
• Help bring to market AI solutions that will improve cancer care in thousands of hospitals.
• Deploy and configure product releases to the cloud and partner sites.
• Automate our production infrastructure.
• Continuously improve our internal tooling for data curation.
We are looking for people who:
• Are strong communicators who positively influence a small, highly productive team.
• Are passionate, have initiative and produce high quality work.
• Have strong problem solving & analytical skills, while being at ease handling multiple responsibilities at once.
Required, you must have:
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Interest in hospital workflows and infrastructure. You always wanted to look under the lid of hospital IT and meet the people who manage it.
• Good working knowledge of one programming language (Python, Scala, Java or JS).
• Proven ability to deploy web-based software on remote servers or the Cloud using Docker or similar.
• Working knowledge of the core AWS or Google Cloud services.
• Skills to carry out and script elementary Linux sysadmin tasks (bash, networking)
• Ability to travel up to 25% to trade shows, conferences and customer sites to support on-site deployments and demos in hospitals.
Desirable, one or more of these would be a definite plus:
• Passion for biomedical topics
• Previous collaborative software development experience (in industry, startup or open-source projects).
• Experience from a startup or a fast-growing company
• Prior experience and interest to learn more about clinical healthcare IT standards (e.g. DICOM, HL7, FHIR)
• Prior experience and interest to learn more about cyber-security, especially as applied to hospital and patient information.
• Love of strongly-typed languages.
What we offer:
• Fast growth, ownership & high impact as one of first employees.
• Work with serial entrepreneurs & AI experts from the University of Oxford, and globally leading clinicians - authors of medical guidelines.
• Professional development opportunities in clinical & software engineering.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including possibility of significant equity.
• Flexible working hours from the outset. Working location may be negotiable in the future.
• Great location in Oxford’s historical center: just 5 min walk to train station, 1h to central London.
• Work permit sponsorship to candidates with relevant industry experience of 2 years or more.
Optellum at a glance
Optellum focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in London and Oxford. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.optellum.com