Intern (Assistant Data Scientist, for medics)£15k – £25k
Do you want to work with machine learning technologies that will redefine medicine?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Internship (Assistant Data Scientist - for medical students).
Your Mission: Would you like to
• Help bring to market healthcare AI products that will be deployed to thousands of hospitals?
• Help create huge curated datasets for machine learning? (based primarily on CT imaging and ground-truth outcomes & image markups, you will check for consistency & improve for the needs of AI/machine learning systems)
• Develop unique data science skills, while working in a world-class team of AI experts, in close collaboration with the University of Oxford.
Required Skills: You must have
• Studying for a medical degree (or aiming to start)
• Obsessive attention to detail, strong work ethics
• Passion for technology and biomedical innovations
• Solid communication skills in English and ability to write clear documents
• Ability to communicate with clinical and technical R&D teams.
• Flexibility to feel at home in a technology start-up with a team of developers and scientists.
• Initial full-time availability for a minimum of 6 weeks and/or part-time for a minimum of 12 weeks (min. 20h/week).
• ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK. WE CANNOT SPONSOR VISA FOR INTERNS FROM OUTSIDE OF THE EU
Desirable Skills: One or more of these would be a definite plus
• Basic programming & data analysis skills (e.g. Python, Matlab, R), to effectively import, verify, rearrange & edit data
• Familiarity with radiology (Chest Computed Tomography) and health IT (electronic medical records, PACS)
• Prior experience in a clinical or a research environment. Experience working in a startup or a small SME a plus.
• Hands-on software development experience. Basic database knowledge (SQL) a plus.
• Starting date as soon as possible. Long-term availability (3 months+) is a plus, due to the significant learning curve
What We Offer
• Opportunity to gain hands-on experience of cutting edge healthcare technologies, particularly relating to machine learning and image analysis
• Work alongside leading clinical, machine learning and medical product development experts.
• Close collaboration with clinicians at Oxford University Hospitals and other world-leading hospital project partners.
• Competitive salary and additional benefits which will grow with the company.
• Flexible working hours designed around a core period. Additional flexibility may be negotiable.
• The possibility of a full-time role in our fast-growing company if you demonstrate you have what it takes
• Beautiful office in Oxford’s historical center, with great connectivity (5-min walk to the train station, 1hr to central London).
Optellum at a glance
Optellum focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in London and Oxford. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.optellum.com