Early lung cancer diagnosis & treatment with AI
Intern (Assistant Data Scientist, for a range of backgrounds: from data markup to analysis and algorithm development)£15k – £25k
Do you want to work with machine learning technologies that will redefine medicine?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Internship (Assistant Data Scientist - we have projects that suit a range of backgrounds, from data mark-up through to algorithms and analysis at PhD level, including Master thesis and end of studies internships).
Your Mission: Would you like to
• Help bring to market healthcare AI products that will be deployed to thousands of hospitals?
• Help create datasets to teach AI algorithms in close collaboration with world-leading clinical and AI experts?
Required Skills: You must have
• Passion for biomedical topics.
• For analysis and algorithms projects: Strong programming and/or analytical skills
• For data markup projects: Obsessive attention to detail, strong work ethics
• Solid communication skills and ability to write clear documents. Ability to communicate with technical and clinical teams.
• Flexibility to feel at home in a technology start-up with a team of developers and scientists.
• Initial full-time availability for a minimum of 6 weeks and/or part-time (20h/week+) for a minimum of 12 weeks.
• ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK. WE CANNOT SPONSOR VISA FOR INTERNS. Please do not apply if you need visa.
Desirable Skills: One or more of these would be a definite plus
• Studying towards a strong degree in a scientific, medical, or a technical discipline
• Basic programming & data analysis skills (e.g. Python, Matlab, R), to effectively import, verify, rearrange & edit data
• Hands-on software development and/or machine learning experience. Basic database knowledge (SQL or similar) a plus.
• Prior experience in a clinical or a research environment. Experience working in a startup or a small SME a plus.
• Starting date as soon as possible. Long-term availability (3 months+) is a plus, due to the significant learning curve
What We Offer
• Opportunity to gain hands-on experience of cutting edge healthcare technologies, particularly relating to machine learning
• Work alongside leading clinical, machine learning and medical product development experts.
• Competitive salary and additional benefits which will grow with the company.
• Flexible working hours designed around a core period. Additional flexibility may be negotiable.
• The possibility of a full-time role in our fast-growing company if you demonstrate you have what it takes
• Beautiful office in Oxford’s historical center, with great connectivity (5-min walk to the train station, 1hr to central London).
Optellum at a glance
Optellum focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in London and Oxford. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.optellum.com