Early lung cancer diagnosis & treatment with AI
Research Scientist (Machine Learning, Computer Vision): Help fight cancer with AI£40k – £60k • 0.1% – 1.0%
Do you want to work with machine learning technologies that will redefine medicine?
Join the Optellum team and help us shape the cancer care of tomorrow!
Research Scientist (Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Data Science)
Your Mission: Would you like to
• Help bring to market AI solutions that will be deployed to improve cancer care in thousands of hospitals?
• Create infrastructure that will turn thousands of Terabytes of medical data into novel biomarkers?
• Work closely with our founders, developers, and world-leading clinical and machine learning luminaries?
Required Skills: You must have
• Creativity, scientific curiosity and passion for biomedical topics.
• Strong knowledge of computer vision, machine learning or medical informatics.
• Strong programming/coding ability (Python, C++ or similar).
• Strong Masters degree in a quantitative discipline. PhD a big plus.
• The flexibility to feel at home in a start-up, as one of our first employees working closely with the founders.
Desirable Skills: One or more of these would be a definite plus
• Strong PhD from a world-leading research group.
• Experience with analyzing medical image and/or electronic patient record data.
• Experience with weakly supervised & unsupervised learning; Natural Language Processing (NLP)
• Previous collaborative software development experience (in industry, startup or open-source projects).
• Experience with any of these is a plus: scientific computing (e.g. SciPy), deep learning (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow), GP-GPU, big data (e.g.Spark) and/or health IT (ontologies, HL7, FHIR).
What We Offer
• Fast growth as one of first employees: full responsibility and freedom in determining your direction.
• Work with a world-class team of AI experts, and global leading clinicians- authors of medical guidelines.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including significant equity.
• Flexible working hours from the outset. Working location may be negotiable in the future.
• Work permit sponsorship to the most exceptional candidates
• A great location based in Oxford’s historical center and only 1h by train to central London
Optellum at a glance
Optellum focuses on Healthcare, Medical Devices, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in London and Oxford. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.optellum.com