hyper-focused support communities for entrepreneurs
Director, Community Development$1k – $10k • 0.0% – 5.0%
Opportunity Engine is a platform that generates growth opportunities for its startups through peer collaboration, hyper-targeted connections, events focused on real outcomes, and empowered evangelist communities.
By building highly focused communities around vetted entrepreneurs and ecosystem good actors, Opportunity Engine will work to provide the benefits of accelerators, meetups, and conferences to founders without the typical noise and burdensome costs.
We are currently looking for individuals that can help build and/or lead communities based around specific themes.
This is a part-time role which should command only a few hours per month. Our communities are small, and the activities you plan and manage will be hyper focused and spaced out either weekly or bi-weekly.
Your responsibilities will be the following:
1. Solicit mentors - entrepreneurs, experts, investors, and other community members to join events and work with our community's startups
2. Plan and/or run virtual panels, workshops, happy hours, and other activities for the community
3. Manage relationships and coordinate the scheduling of 1-1 meetings between mentors, investors and partners
4. Collaborate with the other community managers on events and partnerships
You don't need to check all the boxes, but some of the qualifications we are looking for:
1. Demonstrated domain expertise within a specific theme or vertical
2. Experience in business development, venture capital, or as a startup operator is preferred
3. Experience working with startup founders directly pre-series A
4. Experience coordinating and running events for startups, corporate innovation teams, or other entrepreneurial organizations
5. Existing actionable network within a specific startup or corporate innovation ecosystem
6. Experience signing corporate partners and sponsors a plus
7. Passion for helping others, sourcing early stage deals, and being an ecosystem good actor is a must.
What you get:
1. Hands-on experience working with leading startup founders, angel networks, venture funds, and service providers
2. Guidance from the Opportunity Engine team and broader network
3. The ability to be your own manager
5. Potential revenue sharing opportunities
6. Events and programming ran specifically for Community Development Directors
Please note that this is a part-time unsalaried position with the upside of participating in revenue share for paid agreements and sponsorships.
We are currently looking individuals that can lead the following communities:
1. blockchain / decentralized technologies
2. future of work
3. data - ai/big data/cybersecurity/developer platforms
4. cities - real estate/infrastructure,industrial/energy/mobility
6. new media
8. consumer products / marketplace / consumer internet
If you don't see a fitting community, please apply with a description of the community you'd be interested in running or building.