hyper-focused support communities for entrepreneurs
Venture Partner$1k – $10k • 0.0% – 10.0%
Opportunity Engine is a platform that generates growth opportunities for its startups through peer collaboration, hyper-targeted connections, events focused on real outcomes, and empowered evangelist communities.
We are currently looking for Venture Partners and Scouts, part time roles which should command only a few hours per month. Your responsibilities will be the following:
1. Solicit, review, and qualify applications from startups
2. Bring on new scouts and referall partners (accelerators, incubators, angel networks, etc.)
3. Collaborate with other Scouts and work with younger team members on qualifying deal flow
4. Source and qualify investments from the community for our partner angel investors and venture capital firms
5. Contribute to special projects in relation to fundraising and deal support
The key differences between VP’s and Scouts are that VP’s have or can contribute one or more of the following:
- Can act as a syndicate lead and contribute to due diligence
- Have experience investing directly into startups as an angel or from working in VC
- Have capital to deploy
- Have a network of potential investors - syndicate investor participants, potential fund LP’s, or other potential VP’s to activate
- Would be able to contribute operationally in a meaningful way to the fund
What you get:
- Hands-on experience working with leading startup founders, angel networks, venture funds, and service providers
- Guidance from the Opportunity Engine team and broader network
- Access to a broad range of events, training programs, workshops, and partner deals
- Potential revenue sharing opportunities and carried interest in sourced deals
- The upside of becoming an integral part of the fund
Please note that this is a part-time unsalaried position with the upside of participating in revenue share for paid agreements, sponsorships, and earning carried interest in sourced investments once the fund is launched.
We're currently solidifying the team and first community participants and mentors, and are targeting q1 2021 to have fund operations and setup complete with initial capital deployed.