Technology platform that connects content creators, teams and sponsors
Software Engineer - Full Stack
Opera Event is a dynamic lean startup startup with a solid and growing customer base and revenue stream. We are searching for a talented Full Stack Engineer that has an eye for design and the drive to take a feature from concept to production. The perfect candidate will be someone who demonstrates passion, dedication, and ingenuity to solve tough problems with out of the box ideas.
This is a Full Stack Software Engineering role that will be responsible for UX, UI, and backend development of features. Responsibilities will include:
- Driving design process to gather requirements and create a great user experience
- Design and define API
- Implement UI based on UX design and requirements
- Implement controller and model
- Ownership of a feature or whole feature areas
- 2-4 years of related development experience
- Proficient in Ruby on Rails
- Proficient in Golang
- Experience in Angular
- Experience with MongoDB (or similar nosql database)
- Experience working with third-party APIs (especially Twitch, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
Nice to have
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience with GraphQL
- Domain experience with gaming and/or streaming
- Domain experience with influencer marketing
About the comany
Opera Event is a technology platform that connects content creators, teams and sponsors to one another programmatically and at scale. We strive to bridge the disconnect between sponsors, influencers, and fans in influencer media. Founded in early 2015 by gaming media veterans we have primarily focused on esports and gaming, with an emphasis on Twitch, Twitter and YouTube influencers.
We are a lean startup company and has just raised our series A and are looking to grow our team, harden our core technologies, and expand verticals.
Opera Event at a glance
Opera Event focuses on Advertising and Content Creators. Their company has offices in Fremont. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Opera Event has raised $550K of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.