It’s time for healthy conversations online
Technical Solutions Specialist
WE HELP ONLINE COMMUNITIES THRIVE
Spot.IM’s mission is to create exceptional technology that empowers media publishers to develop meaningful and monetizable online communities for their readers within their owned-and-operated spaces. Started in 2012, our software platform helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their distinct content, quickly bolstering their overall engagement and social interactions. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading media publishers including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more. Spot.IM is VC-backed by Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most trusted and successful institutional investors, and we are focused on growing our standout global team and product stack.
We look for self-starters; those with a founder mentality. We ship every day. We embrace bold ideas and encourage experimentation.
Technical Solutions Specialist - What You'll Do:
- Act as the technical support expert for our digital publisher partners that have questions or technical issues with SpotIM’s products and provide solutions and support via email, chat, and video sessions
- Quarterback product issues from reception through resolution by liaising with internal company teams while also setting expectations with our enterprise partners
- Manage company's support front-end ticketing system for incoming issue management, review product front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS) and share Tier-3 issues with product development teams in JIRA
- Analyze technical trends, recommend product and documentation enhancements, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge base for current FAQ's and solutions
- Partner with Spot.IM's SVP of Partnerships to build out processes and document best practices for our new technical support organization
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Strong CSS + HTML skills with the ability to work independently and build projects using JS + React
- Prior experience troubleshooting web-based SaaS software and debug familiarity within modern web browsers such as IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Understanding of internet technologies including CDN and REST API’s
- Experience using ticketing and related troubleshooting software such as ZenDesk, JIRA, Salesforce, etc.
- Excellent and professional written/verbal communication and partner relationship management skills
- BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred, but not required
The Spot.IM Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
Ready to save the digital publishing industry? Join us at Spot.IM.
We care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review Spot.IM Privacy Practices
Options & equity benefits
Generous vacation policy
Lunch, dinners, snacks, coffee, full bar
Continuous professional development opportunities
Hackathons, international trips, happy hours (in and out of the office)
OpenWeb at a glance
OpenWeb focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Social Media, Internet, and Publishing. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Tel Aviv-Yafo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenWeb has raised $63M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.