It’s time for healthy conversations online
Data Product Analyst
WE HELP ONLINE COMMUNITIES THRIVE
Spot.IM’s mission is to create exceptional technology that empowers media publishers to develop meaningful and monetizable online communities for their readers within their owned-and-operated spaces. Started in 2012, our software platform helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their distinct content, quickly bolstering their overall engagement and social interactions. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading media publishers including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more. Spot.IM is VC-backed by Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most trusted and successful institutional investors, and we are focused on growing our standout global team and product stack.
We look for self-starters; those with a founder mentality. We ship every day. We embrace bold ideas and encourage experimentation.
As a Data Product** **Analyst at Spot.IM, you’ll be in charge of turning data into information, information into insights, and insights into business and product decisions. The job includes hands-on work with the data we collect and constant collaboration with company stakeholders.
Data Product Analyst - What You'll Do:
- Analyze Spot.IM’s terabytes of data and build various types of reports
- Use your reports to deliver insights to several verticals within the company with a specific focus on supporting the Product teams
- Build insightful dashboards and complex reports
- Be involved in key decision points and assist various teams in making thoughtful, data-driven decisions
- Define KPIs and provide business insights
- Set the standard for best practices and suggest new processes/tools/initiatives to collect, analyze, and manage our massive amounts of data
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Analyst (or related position) - MUST
- Advantage for experience as a Product Data Analyst
Working knowledge of the following tools is a MUST: Tableau, SQL, Excel, Redshift / BigQuery, Athena
- Advantage if you know Python
Able to work in a dynamic environment and with tight deadlines
Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to accuracy
Degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Systems or equivalent
Ready to join our community? Apply today.
We care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review Spot.IM Privacy Practices
Options & equity benefits
Generous vacation policy
Lunch, dinners, snacks, coffee, full bar
Continuous professional development opportunities
Hackathons, international trips, happy hours (in and out of the office)
OpenWeb at a glance
OpenWeb focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Social Media, Internet, and Publishing. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Tel Aviv-Yafo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenWeb has raised $63M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.