It’s time for healthy conversations online
SVP of Data
WE HELP ONLINE COMMUNITIES THRIVE
Spot.IM’s mission is to create exceptional technology that empowers media publishers to develop meaningful and monetizable online communities for their readers within their owned-and-operated spaces. Started in 2012, our software platform helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their distinct content, quickly bolstering their overall engagement and social interactions. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading media publishers including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more. Spot.IM is VC-backed by Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most trusted and successful institutional investors, and we are focused on growing our standout global team and product stack.
We look for self-starters; those with a founder mentality. We ship every day. We embrace bold ideas and encourage experimentation.
How You’ll Contribute:
- What: Fully own the establishment of a new department from scratch whose goal is to enter new markets, accelerate business transformation, and grow revenue by using our data resources in the form you think is most effective
- Develop the department by using your technical knowledge in data science and your adtech industry experience to shape the overall data strategy
- Drive the development of engineering and analytical tools, technology, and data acquisition
- Hire, manage, and retain a strong, centralized team to support you in executing the plans
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Extensive experience of at least 10+ years in leading data science teams and complex initiatives
- Previous experience in digital advertising, targeting, advertising optimization products, or other related ad-tech products
- Deep understanding of the ad-tech ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, guide teams, and work in executives teams while being flexible within a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Advantage for hands on experience with emerging statistical methods/techniques (e.g. machine learning and/or artificial intelligence)
Ready to save the digital publishing industry? Join us at Spot.IM.
We care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review Spot.IM Privacy Practices
Options & equity benefits
Generous vacation policy
Lunch, dinners, snacks, coffee, full bar
Continuous professional development opportunities
Hackathons, international trips, happy hours (in and out of the office)
OpenWeb at a glance
OpenWeb focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Social Media, Internet, and Publishing. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Tel Aviv-Yafo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenWeb has raised $63M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.