Senior Engineer - Backend$20k – $100k
Spot.IM's mission is to create exceptional technology that empowers digital media publishers to develop meaningful and monetizable online communities for their readers within their Owned and Operated web space. Our enterprise software platform helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their distinct content, quickly bolstering their overall engagement and social interactions. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading digital media publishers including Hearst, Sky Sports, Fox News, AOL, Uproxx, IFLScience, US Magazine, and many more. Spot.IM is VC-backed by Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most trusted and successful institutional investors, and we are focused on growing our standout global team and product stack.
Spot.IM is VC-backed by some of the world’s most trusted and successful institutional investors and has raised over $60M in venture capital to date.
At Spot.IM we pride ourselves on working with cutting edge technologies at a fast-paced challenging environment.We are looking for a Software Engineer (Back End Centric) to join our team in Israel and help drive Spot.IM’s fast growth and engagement through partnerships with the best publishers.
**WHAT YOU’LL DO:**
- You will be part of the software development initiatives to drive Spot.IM Product vision.
- You will be joining a cross-functional team that embraces an Agile/DevOps culture with an emphasis on ownership, accountability, automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You will be living and breathing Agile concepts such as paired programming, test driven development, and extreme programming.
- You will be supporting the design and development of fast and resilient web applications, along with the refactoring of legacy applications.
- You will be responsible for writing high quality, defect-free, secure, extensible, and reusable code, and ensuring that code is protected and tested through rigorous automated testing practices.
**The Skills and Experience You Bring:**
- 5 years’ experience in developing a Back End part of the Web Applications to include Ruby, Elixir, Go languages and corresponding frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience developing with scripting languages like Ruby, Python.
- 3+ years of experience developing with compiled languages like C++, Go, Elixir, Java, Scala
- 3+ years of experience in developing Microservices in Cloud environments
- Experience with container platforms to include Docker
- Experience with modern cloud based debugging techniques
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into a system to include relational and noSQL databases and data lakes.
- 2 years’ experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices.
Options & equity benefits
Generous vacation policy
Lunch, dinners, snacks, coffee, full bar
Continuous professional development opportunities
Hackathons, international trips, happy hours (in and out of the office)
OpenWeb at a glance
OpenWeb focuses on Mobile, Digital Media, Social Media, Internet, and Publishing. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Tel Aviv-Yafo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenWeb has raised $63M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.