We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
eLearning Development Specialist
elearning Development Specialist
OpenSesame doesn’t just sell training courses (over 20,000 of them). We also offer the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. We have strategic partnerships with 100+ Global 2000 companies who rely on our training programs to develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces.
Join the OpenSesame Curation team by contributing to our high quality catalog of elearning courses. As a elearning Development Specialist, you’ll work with content partners — subject matter experts and elearning content creators — to add new areas of expertise to the OpenSesame catalog. Every content partner we work with is different and the ability to adapt, improvise, and be flexible are important skills needed for success in this role.
You will work to assure the creation of high-quality elearning courses by providing oversight and feedback on course outlines, learning objectives, scripts, storyboards, and finished online learning modules. You’ll connect with team members to guide course selection to meet our customers’ needs. You’ll apply strong writing skills to improve course descriptions, create learning objectives, and edit course scripts. You’ll use your experience in elearning, instructional design and/or L&D to give feedback on storyboards and guide course production and assist with the development of downloadable resources to supplement instruction. You’ll juggle multiple projects and communicate clearly with our partners to ensure timely delivery of high quality courses.
- 30 days from now, you’ll be fluent in our tools including Google Suite, Asana, Slack, Zoom, and Looker. You’ll also be able to describe the OpenSesame business model, our organizational structure, how the Curation team supports the company’s goals and our processes for adding content to our catalog. You’ll have begun working with our partners on course production.
- 60 days from now, you will have contributed to the development and publication of 10 courses into the OpenSesame catalog.
- 90 days from now, you’ll have contributed to adding 20 courses to the OpenSesame catalog.
- After 120 days, you will be able to independently manage one of our partner relationships for content creation.
- Within your first six months, working with the Exclusive team, you will help develop a repeatable process to onboard and sustain content creation partnerships with our vendors and subject matter experts. Ensure that content meets or exceeds our quality rating standard.
- Within your first year, you’ll have facilitated the addition of 100 courses to the OpenSesame catalog.
If you are a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and track record for delivering excellent results that thrill your customers and teammates, then we may have an opportunity for you... however, we are unusually selective about who we ask to join our team.
You might notice we don’t have the requirements, qualifications, and minutia of typical job descriptions. We don’t care about any of that as we do not hire based on specific buzzwords, technologies, or popular acronyms on your resume.
We are looking for specific examples from your previous experience that proves you can do the job so that when you sit back at the end of your tenure and reflect on your time at OpenSesame, it is with a wide grin on your face knowing you exceeded all of the performance expectations and are leaving the business in a much better place than you found it.
Although it should go without saying (but it doesn’t), OpenSesame is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to create a welcoming, inclusive environment that celebrates diversity.
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.