We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team
It is more than just numbers. With our rapid growth we’re seeing the role of our Finance department growing in importance. For someone looking to grow as a Financial Analyst, this is a great way to accelerate their career growth by working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
About the Job
The job takes all the data from the accounting systems and pulls the data together to help the company make strategic decisions. The Financial Analyst will assist in preparing financial reports for management and the board, create financial models to give departments much needed insight into how their department is doing, update budgets and forecasts to influence the strategic direction of the company. More importantly, the financial analyst will have in depth knowledge of the various systems that the Company uses and have the ability to pull data from all those systems to assist in analysis. With all this data, the financial analyst be instrumental in working with other departments in the Company to improve financial processes via automation or process improvements.
- This is a highly visible position that will work with executive leadership and spend a large amount of time with our CEO.
- Within the first 30 days, you will understand the systems that produce data that OpenSesame relies on and start building simple models to answer questions. You will also assist in pulling data from the various systems and reconciling amongst the various systems.
- Within 60 days, you will begin building complex models that will require input from the majority of the departments. You will also be able to create reports out of Looker, our visualization tools, Intacct, our ERP and Limelight, our budgeting/forecasting system.
- Within 90 days, you will have recommended multiple improvements to our processes based on the models that you have created that will have a direct impact on the success of the business.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of GAAP and Accounting principles
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Proven financial model building skills
- Experience in creating multi-year forecasts and other financial models
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Tableau, Looker or similar visualization tools
- Experience in lean or six sigma is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic, proactive, and data driven
- Customer service focused
- Strategic, curious and critical thinking skills
- Able to interpret data and tell the “story” behind the numbers
- Comfortable sorting through large amounts of data and reconciling data amongst different systems
- Strong relationship building skills
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.