We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
Vice President of Marketing
Vice President of Marketing
While it appears to many that we just sell training courses (over 20,000 of them), what we really offer to our customers is the opportunity to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. We have strategic partnerships with 100+ Global 2000 companies who rely on our training programs to develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces.
Join our senior leadership team to build OpenSesame from the emerging leader in enterprise business training to the clear, worldwide leader. Are you equally strong at evolving marketing strategy, developing short and long term marketing plans and executing with precision and data-driven assessment? Are you passionate about thrilling customers and teammates alike? Accomplished in leading and managing all aspects of a rapidly growing Marketing and Sales Development Representatives (SDR) teams? Comfortable joined-at-the-hip with the Sales and Partner leaders to collectively accomplish a growth plan? If so, we need to talk. We are eager to discuss with you the details behind the major performance objectives.
We hope you'll be the one building the plan and delivering on these goals. In fact, don't feel obligated to formally apply. Instead, send us a 2-3 paragraph email (email@example.com) of your biggest marketing accomplishment related to this ambitious growth program. Feel free to add a 1-2 minute video if you think that will help clarify the project.
- 3x in 3 Years. Build a marketing organization to further accelerate the growth of a fast growing company: 3x in 3 years to $100 million plus and keep it growing. Your marketing organization includes channel management, demand generation and SDR teams.
- Metrics Matter and Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) Matter Most. This is a rapidly growing, process-driven company and you will not only develop a variety of new lead generation programs but also lead the SDR group converting these leads into pre-qualified sales opportunities.
- Develop and Execute a Multi-channel Marketing Strategy. Prepare a rolling three-year strategic marketing plan and an annual marketing operating plan. This needs to detail the channel strategy, include a calendarized marketing plan, and prioritize underrepresented opportunities with the appropriate financial assessment. Optimize your budget and measure ROI impact of every program.
- Build, Develop and Manage an All-Star Diverse Team. Assess the current organization and drive a hiring and development program to support the company’s ambitious growth plans.
- Develop a Real-time Reporting System. Build and manage a reporting system with process control feedback for programs and people.
You might notice we don’t have the minutia of typical job descriptions. We do not hire based on specific buzzwords, technologies, or where you went to college. Instead, we are looking for specific examples from your previous experience that proves you can do this job successfully and will happily exceed all performance expectations while you help advance OpenSesame to the next level.
Although it should go without saying (but it doesn’t), OpenSesame is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to create a welcoming, inclusive environment that celebrates diversity.
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.